SOLVED:mounted shares locally, but see no files /mnt/samba/*

cpeddie

SOLVED:mounted shares locally, but see no files /mnt/samba/*

Postby cpeddie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:43 am

Hi,

I've installed the mount shares locally script, and it appears to execute fine, but when I look at /mnt/samba/<share> I see none of the files that are in that share. If I go to the share remotely (via both Mac and PC), all the files in the share are there, and I can watch movies, view the pictures etc. If I look at /var/hda/files/<share>, all the symlinks are there, and looking directly into the greyhole pool /var/hda/files/<drive>/gh/<share> looks good as well. I keep reading everywhere in the forums and the wiki to work on the shares via the local mount, but I'm unable to do so.

/etc/samba/smb.conf and /etc/greyhole.conf match as far as share names and set goes, and greyhole log is not giving any errors. When I check the mount table though, it doesn't show that there are any mount points at /mnt/samba/*. How can I make sure the mount_shares_locally script is executing correctly and mounting them? I'm guessing one of the following lines in the script:
mysql -u root -phda -e "select name from shares" hda_production | grep -v "^name$" | xargs -d "\n" mkdir -p
OR
/sbin/mount.cifs "//127.0.0.1/$d" "$d" -o credentials=/home/${username}/.smb_credentials,uid=${uid},gid=${gid},file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,nobrl,hard,_netdev,iocharset=utf8,noserverino,mfsymlinks
is where things are messing up.

Rebooted a couple of times with the same result. Any guidance?

Thanks,

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: mounted shares locally, but see no files thru /mnt/samba

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:50 am

Is this Amahi 7?

Verify you completed all the steps in the wiki.

The script works fine, so guessing you must have missed a step.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cpeddie

Postby cpeddie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:45 pm

I neglected to pay attention to the line:
This script needs /sbin/mount.cifs, so make sure to install cifs-utils or similar, as needed.

in the wiki. Once I installed the package, everything works fine. I would recommend you update the wiki to more explicity state:
"This script needs /sbin/mount.cifs to operate properly. To install, type the following:
sudo yum install cifs-utils"

Then it will be a little clearer to doobs like myself who don't pay enough attention. :)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Glad you got it working.

Agreed and it is now the first line in the guidance to install that dependency.
http://p6c.g6.sl.pt

I think in the past it might have been installed by default, but not with Fedora 19 obviously.

Thanks for the feedback.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2