There is not enough space on movies. You need an additional

wintercobra

There is not enough space on movies. You need an additional

Postby wintercobra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi,
I need major help with this issue.. i've just recently installed amahi 7 and im getting an error msg stating that.

There is not enough space on movies. You need an additional 1.27 Gig to copy these files. I still have 1.5tb of free space to share. As of right now i only have one hd that i'm working with and i couldn't find anything in the wikki that would help. My dashboard doesn't have some of the features under sharing that is talked about in the wikki. I ask for anytime of help as i'm getting desperate with 2 days of work lost :(

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: There is not enough space on movies. You need an additio

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Best thing to do here is move less at one time, then let Greyhole do it's stuff. When you are limited on disk space, you can't throw it all on at once.

Not sure what you are referring to in the wiki. If you can give details, I might be able to help. Keep in mind the wiki stipulates Amahi 6 vs Amahi 7 for most things, but not all.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi,
I need major help with this issue.. i've just recently installed amahi 7 and im getting an error msg stating that.

There is not enough space on movies. You need an additional 1.27 Gig to copy these files. I still have 1.5tb of free space to share. As of right now i only have one hd that i'm working with and i couldn't find anything in the wikki that would help. My dashboard doesn't have some of the features under sharing that is talked about in the wikki. I ask for anytime of help as i'm getting desperate with 2 days of work lost :(
Greyhole uses a landing zone, which is by default on the same drive as your OS. If you used a small drive for your OS, then your landing zone will be small. Even if your share is 1.5TB, you cannot have more "new data" than your landing zone can hold.

If you use

Code: Select all

sudo greyhole --fsck
, you can force Greyhole to move the files off of the landing zone, thus clearing up that space for use.

wintercobra

Postby wintercobra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Best thing to do here is move less at one time, then let Greyhole do it's stuff. When you are limited on disk space, you can't throw it all on at once.

Not sure what you are referring to in the wiki. If you can give details, I might be able to help. Keep in mind the wiki stipulates Amahi 6 vs Amahi 7 for most things, but not all.
I want to thank you guys for taking the time to write back.. but i believe i have a bigger issue. I keep reading about greyhole and how it stores the files before writing them out to the rest of the disk space. I would like to know if it's possible for me to just use one hd at the moment? I currently have only one 2tb drive that i've installed amahi on, and its also the only drive in my media server at the moment. I'm trying to just learn the system before adding more disk space. i've tried to run the following commands with no luck:
/var/log/greyhole.log -permissions denied when running as root
Im trying to see if greyhole is even installed in my system..(almost all greyhole commands have not worked for me)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 pm

That would be:

tail -f /var/log/greyhole.log
If you did not install it, it's not configured or complete installed. Here is the guidance:
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Amahi_ ... hole_Setup
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

wintercobra

Postby wintercobra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi,

Greyhole uses a landing zone, which is by default on the same drive as your OS. If you used a small drive for your OS, then your landing zone will be small. Even if your share is 1.5TB, you cannot have more "new data" than your landing zone can hold.

If you use

sudo greyhole --fsck
, you can force Greyhole to move the files off of the landing zone, thus clearing up that space for use.
Hi,
I ran what you told me but got no response (sudo greyhole --fsck) I also tried to run (/var/log/greyhole.log) but got a permissions denied, i'm trying to see what greyhole is doing on my pc. Following the steps on this page https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Moving_landing_zone

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Do commands as root user and don't use sudo.

See my previous post about configuring Greyhole if you have not set it up. That also would indicate your issue is not Greyhole related,

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

wintercobra

Postby wintercobra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Do commands as root user and don't use sudo.

See my previous post about configuring Greyhole if you have not set it up. That also would indicate your issue is not Greyhole related,

[ Post made via Android ] Image

This is what i get when i run things as root:

login as: root
root@192.168.1.10's password:
[root@freenas ~]# greyhole --fsck
[root@freenas ~]#
[root@freenas ~]# yum -y install amahi-greyhole
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* fedora: ftp.usf.edu
* updates: ftp.usf.edu
Package amahi-greyhole-0.9.49-2.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
[root@freenas ~]#
[root@freenas ~]# hda-create-db-and-user greyhole
hda-create-db-and-user: creating greyhole
ERROR 1396 (HY000) at line 2: Operation CREATE USER failed for 'greyhole'@'localhost'
[root@freenas ~]#
[root@freenas ~]# mysql -u greyhole -pgreyhole greyhole < /usr/share/greyhole/schema-mysql.sql
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 1: Table 'settings' already exists
[root@freenas ~]# configure /etc/greyhole.conf:
-bash: configure: command not found
-bash: /etc/greyhole.conf: Permission denied
[root@freenas ~]#

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong? thanks again for your assistance in advance

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 am

Ok, so you have already installed it based on your results. Make sure it's running by doing:

systemctl restart amahi-greyhole.service
Then do:

tail -f /var/log/greyhole.log
BTW, there is some basic Linux skills required to do this sort of set up. That's why we put the warning about this being for advanced users at the top of some wiki pages. For example, configure greyhole.conf is not a command. It would be:

vi /etc/greyhole.conf
Recommend you check the internet for some help on using command line.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

xyrth

Postby xyrth » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Did you get this working?

In answer to your earlier question, yes, you can shrink your pool, use one of your drives as a LZ, copy everything to it, and once it's all done move your LZ back and re add the drive to your pool. I'm in the middle of doing exactly that.