How do I delete files? <Solved>

cybercowboy

How do I delete files? <Solved>

Postby cybercowboy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:22 pm

I've got a fresh new install of Greyhole on Amahi 7.1.1-1 with populated share

However if I delete a file (from command-line with rm -rf <filename/path> or from a windows computer on samba shares) out of a share (specifically /var/hda/files/books/<file name> and 24-48 hours later the file is back in /var/hda/files/books/.

Also the file remains on the physical greyhole disks (as evidenced by going to /var/hda/files/drives/drive(1-9)/gh/Books

How do I go about delete the file not just from the greyhole files directory but also remove the copies on the physical drives?
Last edited by cybercowboy on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: How do I delete files?

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

If you delete from command line, you need to have mount_shares_locally running or you may have issues.

Check the ownership permissions on your share folders. They should be set to 1st admin user:users. Best to delete from Windows if you can via File Explorer.

Not sure why the files would return. When you delete them via Windows, they should be moved to the Greyhole Attic. You then need to empty that periodically or it will fill up your drive. I do mine daily.

Recommend you check your /etc/greyhole.conf file to ensure you have all the settings correct. Should only change what the wiki guidance instructed to be safe.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cybercowboy

Postby cybercowboy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 pm

If you delete from command line, you need to have mount_shares_locally running or you may have issues.

Check the ownership permissions on your share folders. They should be set to 1st admin user:users. Best to delete from Windows if you can via File Explorer.

Not sure why the files would return. When you delete them via Windows, they should be moved to the Greyhole Attic. You then need to empty that periodically or it will fill up your drive. I do mine daily.

Recommend you check your /etc/greyhole.conf file to ensure you have all the settings correct. Should only change what the wiki guidance instructed to be safe.
Where is the program mount_shares_locally located? I see nothing related to it in any of the documentation.

Only changed in /etc/greyhole.conf was what the wiki said

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Where is the program mount_shares_locally located? I see nothing related to it in any of the documentation.
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Greyhole

Don't know how you missed it with all the RED text LOL.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cybercowboy

Postby cybercowboy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 pm

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Greyhole

Don't know how you missed it with all the RED text LOL.
Probably because I had been using Greyhole on Amahi 6 and got over confident LOL sorry for being the dumb newb

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: How do I delete files? <Solved>

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Heheeheheh. No worries.

I added a reminder on the Amahi 7 page near to top for users to check out the Greyhole wiki page, especially for working with shares locally on the HDA.

I thought it was probably a good idea to emphasize it :D
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager