Greyhole on Amahi 7

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Greyhole on Amahi 7

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Guess I was mistaken as I cannot find it now :( Will identify that as a bug. You might be able to modify hda-ctl to hard wire it for now. I believe that is the file that modifies samba.conf.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:07 pm

A bug has been filed.
https://bugs.amahi.org/issues/1079

I have also added a bug for the Greyhole UI and Primary Domain Controller which are both absent.

We hoped to develop a new independent app for Greyhole UI, but not sure how long it might take. The Greyhole author has ceased development on the UI he provided for other OS distros.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kikkegek

Postby kikkegek » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:24 am

By design, the drives mount in the drives folder located in /var/hda/files. Since you made your first drive mount in that location that is why it's in the storage pool.

You can mount drives pretty much anywhere you want. The only requirement is that the mount point exist, i.e. folder before you mount. So if you want to mount your drives as /var/hda/files/drives/drive1 and drive2 then the folders must exist there and have the correct permissions.

By default, the hda-diskmount script on ALL Amahi versions mount drives in those locations. You can manually change it of course, but must unmount the drives the remount in the desired locations as you indicate in /etc/fstab.

The wiki has a lot of good guidance, but it does not tell you to mount as /var/hda/files. It states you can and describes how, so it's your decision where you mount the drives. Having it mounted in the storage pool is not a big deal in my opinion, but I am no expert. If doing so causes a problem, then I would like to know the reason.

If you don't want drives mounted in /var/hda/files/drives location, then I suggest you pick a different location. Just remember that the Greyhole LZ needs to be in a location with sufficient space. I myself have a 200GB partition assigned as /var/hda/files and that serves as my LZ as well. In my case, it's sufficient. May not be for yours.
what I am currently doing to solve this for myself is this:

I have added a 500GB USB drive to the greyhole storage pool as /var/hda/files/drives/drive3

I then used:
# greyhole --going=/var/hda/files/gh
to tell greyhole to take this drive safely out of the storagepool

its now running a #greyhole -fsck
to make sure everything is ok.

when it finishes I will take the drive out of the storage pool in the greyhole.conf file.

reboot and see if all my shares and files are still there.

then format the drive into one big partition and add it as /var/hda/files/drives/drive2

that way my storage drives will be nicely ordered as drive1, 2 and 3

will probably remove the 500GB USB again from the pool after everything is OK.

Strangename

Postby Strangename » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 am

@kikkegek - sorry for the delay - been working away - if its any help in response to your question about smb.conf all of my settings are still there but I haven't run anything that would overwrite them either so I don't think I'm much use with regards to this issue.

Am pleased though that the lack of being able to change the network name has been highlighted...thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find it :shock:

I think I have "most" my media files back online - one or two weird ones aren't showing but that could be down to a permissions problem with a seperate file here and there.

So apart from having to change my network name to "WORKGROUP" (touch wood) all seems well ;)

jehali

Postby jehali » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 am

Waiting for the Greyhole UI, I stepped aside to RAID1.
This was easier to do than manually configuring Greyhole

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey, so I updated the Greyhole section in the Amahi 7 wiki page. From what I am lead to understand, that was all needed and the information is correct?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

Strangename

Postby Strangename » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:31 am

Hey, so I updated the Greyhole section in the Amahi 7 wiki page. From what I am lead to understand, that was all needed and the information is correct?
Yes that's exactly how I got mine working.

Now just have to work out how to change the domain name so that is correct....for some reason my installation took the default windows domain of WORKGROUP and not my actual network domain name.

jehali

Postby jehali » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:48 am

Yes, I changed that domain name in smb.conf too, but after some time it was "reset" to WORKGROUP

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm

The workgroup is controlled by Amahi, it's just that we did not get to implementing the UI for it.

Please go to this bug called workgroup not settable bug, login and click on watch at the right side of the title and you will be notified when it's working.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

whaites

Postby whaites » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:08 pm

I've encountered the same MySql access error mentioned earlier in this thread.
Sep 05 19:45:14 4 status: PHP Warning [2]: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'greyhole_user'@'loca lhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/bin/greyhole on line 435; BT: greyhole[L2025] db_connect() => greyhole[L435] mysql_connect(localhost,greyhole_user,89y63jdwe)
I don't know how I got the user "greyhole_user" as I followed the steps from the wiki: https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Amahi_7_installation

I used Express Install version 7 - maybe this created a different user.

At any rate, how do I correct the user?