Wierd problem with my shares

Taab

Wierd problem with my shares

Postby Taab » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 am

I don't know if this is the right forum but, I'm experiencing a wierd problem using the "use pooling" option in the advanced share menu.

I'm using different shares for my movies, tv shows, backups, etc. they all work flawless and use the storage pool to store the files. Except for the tv shows share. I checked this by making a share to the different harddrives in my system so i could whatch wat was happening on these drives. Al the files in my shares show up in the gh map on these harddrives.

The only problem I experience with the shares is that the share for my tv shows is set to: /var/hda/files/drives/Series just like the others, but this share stores the files on the install disk. The problem with this is dat this is a very small drive (120 gig) and slowly get's full to the point the system hangs. And wil not work as wanted.

What am I doing wrong here? I hope someone can help me with this problem.

sgtfoo

Re: Wierd problem with my shares

Postby sgtfoo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 am

A few things to bear in mind (as I'm not sure I understand your problem aside from the 120gb drive nearly full)..

- greyhole storage pooling works to use all the drives you choose to add to the pool.
- once you add drives, it a "filesystem check" must be done to have greyhole apply the changes.... and this is automatically done at midnight every night.

- so, If you added a few drives to the pool and you have NOT yet added the "TV Shows" folder to the pool, it will not shares its content to other drives via pooling.

- considering that you may have already added things to the individual drives before pooling them, keep in mind that greyhole will not delete files unless you tell it to.

look up some other threads on how greyhole works and you can further understand what might help you.
SgtFoo
HDA: VM inside oVirt FX-8300 95w (2 cores for HDA), 32GB RAM (2GB for HDA)
My PC: FX-8300, 16GB RAM, 3x 1TB HDDs, Radeon HD6970 2GB video; Win10 Pro x64
Other: PC, Asus 1215n (LXLE), Debian openZFS server (3x(2x2tb) mirrors)
Modem&Network: Thomson DCM475; Asus RT-AC66U; HP 1800-24G switch

Taab

Postby Taab » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm

sgtfoo, thanks for your reply. From your message I understand you don't understand what my problem is, so I will try to explain it better:

My problem is that the shares part of my HDA doesn't seem to work correctly. When I download a movie with nzbgetplus, the file will automatically redirected after post-processing to the movie share: /var/hda/files/Films. When I checked the movies where on the grayhole pool without problems.

After post-processing tv shows they will end up in /var/hda/files/Series. But they stay on the install drive because that is where the share seems to be? But the path is exactly build like the movies?! On both shares is pooling active.

I experienced the same problems with the old version of nzbget.

I hope this clarifies my problem?

Taab

Postby Taab » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm

I solved my problem, just had to search differently.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Mount_Shares_Locally

Cheers!