Standard/Basic greyhole.conf syntax

jingoman

Standard/Basic greyhole.conf syntax

Postby jingoman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:30 am

Hi guys

I had previously played about with greyhole on a VM before deciding whether to use it for my home network server (mainly for media files).

This was originally just a plain Amahi install. However, it would do some strange things to the configuration I wanted, so I decided to spend a bit more time configuring a Ubuntu Server 11.04 setup with the same style configuration.

I thought that I had backed up the crucial config files from this Amahi install. Turns out, I can't find the /etc/greyhole.conf file and the VM has corrupted as I have re-partitioned the ESXi datastore it was provisioned in. Doh!!!

Can anyone provide a simple/standard version, that Amahi would create, of this file please?
If it helps, my setup at the time was basically 1 large drive in the pool, and the Movies and TV Shows shares to use this drive with 1 copy. (The intention was when a 2nd drive was added, the other shares could be added to it and additional copies made for pertinent data).

I am going carefully through the wording inside the /etc/greyhole.conf file, but I am more wondering how an equivalent Amahi install would have created it.

Many thanks

Dan