Total amount of pending writes adds up!

sandstroem

Total amount of pending writes adds up!

Postby sandstroem » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:47 am

Hi,

Is it possible to clear the whole queue in Greyhole?

My problem is that I'm running CrashPlan and using the Greyhole storage pool as the incoming backup data location. The problem is that there will be a large number of writes on certain files, Greyhole will then count each write as the file has been changed and then add the operation to the queue.

I've tried using frozen_directory, which works perfect until I wish to thaw it and move the data to the storage pool. Immediately when i execute the command 'greyhole --thaw=CrashPlan', I get 30000+ pending writes within that directory, and only after one day. This means greyhole will start portioning the files onto the hard drives within the greyhole storage pool. Doing so 30000 times on the same files is just stupid. The folder just contains 515 items.

Is this behavior by design or should Greyhole not remember the amount of writes within one share until the command: --thaw=SHARE ?

Any ideas?

oh oh, forgot:

Code: Select all

[root@hda hda]# uname -r; rpm -q samba hda-greyhole 2.6.35.13-92.fc14.x86_64 samba-3.5.11-79.fc14.x86_64 hda-greyhole-0.9.9-1.x86_64
Same behavior with earlier versions of hda-greyhole.