WARNING! No copies of this file .. in the Greyhole [SOLVED]

SebaD

WARNING! No copies of this file .. in the Greyhole [SOLVED]

Postby SebaD » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:16 am

Hi,
After several iterations of greyhole --fsck I still get warnings as " WARNING! No copies of this file are available in the Greyhole storage pool."

Code: Select all

Jul 26 11:00:43 7 fsck_file: Now working on task ID 1576294: fsck_file Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg Jul 26 11:00:43 7 fsck_file: Loading tombstones for Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg... Got 1 tombstones. Jul 26 11:00:43 4 fsck_file: WARNING! No copies of this file are available in the Greyhole storage pool. Jul 26 11:00:43 7 fsck_file: Saving 1 tombstones for Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg Jul 26 11:00:43 7 fsck_file: Saving tombstones in /var/hda/files/drives/drive1/gh/.gh_graveyard/Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg Jul 26 11:00:43 7 fsck_file: Saving tombstones (backup) in /var/hda/files/drives/drive6/gh/.gh_graveyard_backup/Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg
What should I do to ensure that all the files are accounted for?
Last edited by SebaD on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

lrevxl

Re: WARNING! No copies of this file are available in the Gre

Postby lrevxl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 am

According to that log statement you don't have any copies of 'Cata Sign.jpg' left. That can happen if you delete the file directly off the pool drive (not the landing zone) or if the drive that held the file copy (since it looks like you're using only 1 file copy on this share) is no longer available. I think there was also a bug at some point that could leave tombstones behind during an operation, I can't find it at the moment, but that's another possibility for how you got into this state depending on the version of Greyhole you're using. If this is intentional or you do not care about 'Cata Sign.jpg', you could delete the tombstone, and its backup, directly, and that will stop the warnings from showing up while running an fsck.

`rm /var/hda/files/drives/drive1/gh/.gh_graveyard/Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg`
`rm /var/hda/files/drives/drive6/gh/.gh_graveyard_backup/Catalina/Catalina Home Directory/ADMIN/ACTE/Cata Sign.jpg`

SebaD

Re: WARNING! No copies of this file .. in the Greyhole [SOLV

Postby SebaD » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 am

I don't know how it happened but at least I cleaned it.
Thank you!