Rebuilding shares & data after re-install (amahi5 ->amahi6)

eldano

Rebuilding shares & data after re-install (amahi5 ->amahi6)

Postby eldano » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:09 am

Hi,

Something went wrong when updating from F12-A5 to F14-A6, as I wrote in the forum.
http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2668

If i can not fix the problem a simple way, can I just reinstall Amahi 6 using the Fedora F14 dvd and the normal installation instructions? And then follow the instructions of this post
http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 39&start=0
to rebuild my data using greyhole?

Or can somebody advice me to do something else to recover my data and have a shiny Amahi server again.
I'm really hoping to get back my music collection..

Thanks!

eldano

Re: Rebuilding shares & data after re-install (amahi5 ->amah

Postby eldano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Did as suggested by the solution above, but I do not get my old files back in my gh shares :S

Ok everything went fine till I got to the

Code: Select all

greyhole --fsck
and then

tail /var/log/greyhole.log
to check what gh is doing
I get back

[root@AmahiHDA ~]# greyhole --fsck PHP Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /usr/bin/greyhole on line 32 fsck of all shares has been scheduled. It will start after all currently pending tasks have been completed. [root@AmahiHDA ~]# tail /var/log/greyhole.log Mar 16 20:51:34 6 fsck: Optimizing MySQL tables... Mar 16 20:51:35 6 fsck: Optimizing MySQL tables... Mar 16 20:51:43 7 fsck: Now working on task ID 6: fsck / Mar 16 20:51:43 6 fsck: Starting fsck for Mar 16 20:51:43 6 fsck: fsck for All shares completed. Mar 16 20:51:43 7 fsck: Now working on task ID 7: fsck / Mar 16 20:51:43 6 fsck: Starting fsck for Mar 16 20:51:43 6 fsck: fsck for All shares completed. Mar 16 20:51:43 7 sleep: Nothing to do... Sleeping. Mar 16 20:51:53 7 sleep: Nothing to do... Sleeping.
in
/var/hda/files/drives/drive1/gh/
and the second drive
/var/hda/files/drives/drive2/gh/
I can find all the old files that I had in the greyhole storage. Also al the shares have the same names...

Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem? And how to load my old files back in to greyhole?

Thanks

lrevxl

Postby lrevxl » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Worst case scenario there is the -o or --find-orphaned-files option to the fsck command which will make Greyhole trawl through all the storage volume paths and pickup any files which aren't found in tombstones.

Now as to why fsck alone isn't working, it sounds like Greyhole isn't getting the meta data for your files. Do you see .gh_graveyard and .greyhole_uses_this in the gh folder for the drives? Are you sure those drives are defined in the greyhole.conf file? If the graveyard folders are present, do you see tombstones for all the old files inside the .gh_graveyard folders?

gboudreau

Postby gboudreau » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Please post the output of the debugging commands found in the link here: http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1989
My guess: either your drives or your shares are misconfigured.
- Guillaume Boudreau