Holy speedy mackerel, Batman!

sgtfoo

Holy speedy mackerel, Batman!

Postby sgtfoo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 pm

So I changed over my greyhole storage to use MySQL as per the recently posted instructions.
In recent weeks I also changed over to the xfce environment, and have avoided logging into any of the usernames on my fedora12/amahi server, partly because it's been causing some issues before I changed to xfce.

I'm not sure what did it, but afterdoing a bunch of cleanups and re-installs of numerous and various things I'm guessing it all added up to what now amazes me.

All of a sudden, I'm actually able to "map network drive" any of the folders in my amahi shares from my Windows 7 client PC. The next thing that blows me away is the transfer speeds across the network have JOLTED!! from the earlier measly 25MB/s speeds, to the current peaks that average to about 82MB/s !!!!! it's amazing!!!

I've always been using cat5e cabling, and my router has gigabit switching, so now I'm more than happy to see it working much faster!!!!!

Cudos to the amahi guys for whatever they changed!

There's one recurring problem, though.... permission on the files in my transmission torrents download folder keep changing to not let me delete/cut/move/rename files in there.
SgtFoo
HDA: VM inside oVirt FX-8300 95w (2 cores for HDA), 32GB RAM (2GB for HDA)
My PC: FX-8300, 16GB RAM, 3x 1TB HDDs, Radeon HD6970 2GB video; Win10 Pro x64
Other: PC, Asus 1215n (LXLE), Debian openZFS server (3x(2x2tb) mirrors)
Modem&Network: Thomson DCM475; Asus RT-AC66U; HP 1800-24G switch