Greyhole Question About Boot Disk

Quazeye

Greyhole Question About Boot Disk

Postby Quazeye » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 am

Hi,

I am having an issue. I am trying to create an image of my computer and saving it to my Backups share which is a part of the Greyhole storage pool. The image is about 300GB and my boot disk is 250GB. Greyhole seems to save the image at least temporarily to the boot drive and it runs out of space. Is there a way to tell Greyhole to use a different drive to save the temporary file so that I don't run out of space and the image fails?

Thanks,
Quaz

gboudreau

Re: Greyhole Question About Boot Disk

Postby gboudreau » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:13 am

Greyhole uses the shares paths to store incoming files. You might want to put those on the drive with the most free space, or the fastest drive.

If you'd like to move that, simply move the /var/hda/files/share_name directory somewhere where there is more free space. For example:

Code: Select all

mv /var/hda/files/share_name /var/hda/files/drives/sdb1/
Then go in your Amahi dashboard, in the Shares page, and edit the share; change it's path from /var/hda/files/share_name to /var/hda/files/drives/sdb1/share_name

If you'd like a specific disk that is part of your pool to always have move than XYZ GB free, edit the Amahi mysql database to indicate that.
Check the current values with this command:

mysql -uroot -phda -e "select path, minimum_free from disk_pool_partitions" hda_production
Then change the value (in GB) for the path you'd want to have more free space on:

mysql -uroot -phda -e "update disk_pool_partitions set minimum_free = 300 where path = '/var/hda/files/drives/sdb1'" hda_production
To make your change effective, go in the Amahi dashboard, in the Shares page, and edit a share (any of them), click to change it's path, but don't really change it. Just click Save.
This will regenerate the greyhole.conf file based on the values found in the MySQL DB.
- Guillaume Boudreau

Quazeye

Re: Greyhole Question About Boot Disk

Postby Quazeye » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 am

Thank you... I will try this tonight.

Quaz