Greyhole issues

sonofmof

Re: Greyhole issues

Postby sonofmof » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 am

I'll run those Greyhole commands tonight.

Thanks GD.

I have another question though if thats ok.

I want to add another drive to my system. Its a smaller 80gb drive which I was planning to use as a system drive, which would then mean my 2 x 1TB drives could be both used for greyhole alone. Currently, 1 is greyhole and 1 is greyhole and system.

If i setup a new system on the 80Gb drive, is there a way to migrate my settings to it ? or how would I go about making the new system take over the greyhole storage I currently have. ? (including my shares and apps etc..)

Is this possible ?

Thanks
Chris

gboudreau

Postby gboudreau » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:11 am

There's no easy way to migrate Amahi settings & apps to a new install.

For shares, you can backup the shares MySQL table (from the hda_production database), and import it in the new install.
You can install PHPMyAdmin from the Amahi dashboard > Apps page; it has import / export options.

For Greyhole, simply make sure you have all the shares you had before, then add your two 1TB drives in the storage pool, then go in the Shares, and activate the 'Uses Pool' option for all the shares you had in your storage pool before.
Then either wait for the nightly fsck to run, or run it manually:

Code: Select all

greyhole --fsck
This will make all your greyhole-stored files automatically re-appear in your shares.

Make sure you backup and restore all the files you want to keep that are stored onnon-greyhole shares, if you have any.

Maybe an easier way to proceed, if your current system partition if smaller than 80GB, would be to clone it to your new drive using Clonezilla (or similar).
Last edited by gboudreau on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Guillaume Boudreau

sonofmof

Postby sonofmof » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 am

the settings and apps i can live with, its fast anyway right. :-)

it was the files I was worried about, it that seems straightforward.

I'll try it this weekend.

Thanks
Chris