Can't find Partition

vegaramos1

Re: Can't find Partition

Postby vegaramos1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

I'm getting the following error when trying to run "greyhole --fsck", I think I did everything right.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /usr/bin/greyhole on line 3778

gboudreau

Postby gboudreau » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:04 am

- Guillaume Boudreau

vegaramos1

Postby vegaramos1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 am

Guillaume,

After another reformatting of my second drive, I was finally able to add it to the pool. So far Greyhole is working perfectly. Thank you so much for your help, and thanks for developing Greyhole.

Around this time last year, I was looking into purchasing an HP MediaSmart server, after doing some research I found that the next version of WHS (Vail) was near a beta, so I decided to wait. After the news in December that Drive Extender was pulled from Vail, I started researching alternatives. I took another look at Amahi, and was surprised to learn that it had a Drive Extender like technology as well. So far I'm very happy with my server and I feel secure that my years of pictures and videos are secure now that they are stored redundantly.

I do hope that future releases will automate the process of formatting and adding drives to the pool, in my opinion that is the only part of the puzzle that is missing.

Thanks Again!!

gboudreau

Postby gboudreau » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:24 am

I already created a script for such a wizard.
You can see it here: http://bugs.amahi.org/issues/show/580
You could even add a comment on there (login and click Update) to voice your need for this.
- Guillaume Boudreau

vegaramos1

Postby vegaramos1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:07 am

I can't wait to see this implemented. I've left my comment, hopefully I'll see this soon.