SuperSync Server Beta Testing campaign

Darshin

SuperSync Server Beta Testing campaign

Postby Darshin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all a big thanks to the Amahi team for their generous support to help us compile the SuperSync Server app for Amahi.

To give the testing community a quick background:
SuperSync is a comprehensive iTunes library manager which allows users to sync,merge, copy, move, access and manage iTunes music across multiple computers within the network. You can read more info at http://www.supersync.com

At SuperSync, we saw the void of a good music management software for NAS devices, especially a software that could seamlessly and intuitively integrate with the NAS devices from the computers in the network and help users manage their iTunes music across the entire network and on the NAS systems comprehensively, yet easily.

The SuperSync team had been working on a SuperSync version for Amahi NAS. We have successfully built our SuperSync Server product for Amahi NAS and have released the official Beta.

As a part of the SuperSync network, the SuperSync server would get installed on Amahi NAS and communicate seamlessly with the SuperSync on the desktops/laptops within the network to empower users to manage their music effortlessly on the NAS and within the network.

The product has been through rigorous inhouse testing, however, now we need the community's help to test it to help SuperSync mature into a fully usable General Availability product. We require the exciting testers of Amahi community to help us with their rigorous beta testing and help SuperSync transition to the next stage.

We can provide the free codes to the testers for our SuperSync desktop version, so that they can comprehensively test the entire SuperSync network.

To download and test SuperSync, it is available in the Beta Apps category under Amahi Apps. For any questions and support required, as well as to get more information for testing purposes, feel free to contact me at darshin@supersync.com

Looking forward to the community's kind support for testing.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Darshin

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: SuperSync Server Beta Testing campaign

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:46 pm

I have begun testing the app myself. I have to say I am impressed on how easy it is to install and use. It is now automatically moving my music files to the HDA.

This app integrates nicely with iTunes and Amahi.

UPDATE: Anyone who would like to help test, please PM me your amahi.org user name. We are going to track progression in the Amahi Bug tracker.
https://bugs.amahi.org/issues/1337
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

fvicente

Postby fvicente » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:16 pm

FWIW, I copied the /opt/supersync from my amahi 7 install over to my new amahi 8 install, copied over an old supersync .rpm file, yum-installed that, then ran the ./update.sh script from the /opt/supersync directory, and supersync runs like a champ on 8.
Last edited by fvicente on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:31 am

Good to hear. Hopefully we will hear back from the author and an updated Fedora 21 package. I am sure they have added new features/fixed bugs since this release.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2