Torrentflux-b4rt

gmw

Torrentflux-b4rt

Postby gmw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:50 pm

I tried it .. and failed.
After the install I get the error to check the db config file inc/config/config.db.php

The database b4rt is created correctly.
The user and password in the config file look right.
Manually trying the user works.

Not sure why this is so ... :?

gmw

Re: Torrentflux-b4rt

Postby gmw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:14 pm

I found the issue: the url http://b4rt.home.domain does not work, but http://b4rt does!

ajaxmike

Postby ajaxmike » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:56 am

Installed TF-b4rt.

Admin server panel still has several invalid paths: transfer parent, incoming, transmission cli, uudeview, vlc, unrar

Tried to download torrents but I always get: cannot open filename.torrent for writing.
Michael McFarlane
Ajax (Toronto) Canada

tfbox

Postby tfbox » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks for feedback! If you figure out how to solve the problem please let everyone know here so we can make the installer watch for potential problems.

GMW: can you uninstall and reinstall the application and see if that is still the case?
I can access my installation via http://b4rt.damage.inc/ or http://b4rt/ and have not noticed any trouble.

ajaxmike:
Can you uninstall and reinstall the app now? and see if those same problems exist? Some of those are known issues on the wiki page http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/TorrentFlux-b4rt
  • transfer parent path - This folder is where the downloads go. (it should be /var/hda/files/b4rt/) This folder gets created at installation and needs to be writable by apache to be useful. What does your error say exactly? and does the folder exist for you?
  • incoming path - this is a folder created inside the transfer parent path. the text box should say "incoming".
  • transmission cli - The error saying "Executable is not TorrentFlux-bundled transmissioncli" is expected at this point. amahi uses the transmission binary from the fedora repos. it needs to be recompiled to include a patch to make it compatible with tf-b4rt. Tfb4rt by default uses the bittornado bittorrent client and it works well.
  • uudeview - this program is used by the usenet downloader part of tfb4rt (that I have no idea how to use)
  • vlc - vlc is used to stream media files from the tfb4rt pages. (I don't think vlc is in the fedora repos)
  • unrar - this is used to unrar files directly in the file manager page of tfb4rt. (unrar is not included in the repos)
If anyone has suggestions how to solve these problems?

tfbox

Postby tfbox » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 pm

looks like unrar is in the rpmfusion nonfree repo and vlc is in rpmfusion free repo.

ajaxmike

Postby ajaxmike » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:38 am

Reinstalled, but had to reboot the server in order to load b4rt (got a can't find server error). Deleted some old leftover files from previous tests and now it seems to be running, but a bit slowly.
  • My transfer parent path is:/var/hda/files/Torrentflux-b4rt/ and it exists. No error message.
  • Incoming path is OK
  • uudeview error is gone
  • vlc path is invalid (/usr/bin/vlc)
  • unrar path is invalid (/usr/bin/unrar)
I strikes me that TF-b4rt is highly configurable and has a lot of features (I'm new to b4rt). I guess what you are saying is that not all of the features of b4rt are supported on Amahi (such as using Transmission, vlc, and unrar). If these features are not to be supported when the package is released for Amahi, we should probably indicate in the wiki what is and what is not supported. Let me know if you want any help with the docs.
Michael McFarlane
Ajax (Toronto) Canada

ajaxmike

Postby ajaxmike » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:48 am

OK more info:

The Torrent loads up OK and starts to download, but after a while it just stops. The stats for the torrent are:

Percent Done: 3.4%
Download Speed: 0.0 kB/s
Upload Speed: 0.0 kB/s
Down: 48.34 MB
Up: 0.27 MB
Seeds: 0+0.000
Peers: 0
Port: 49226
Connections: 0

Meanwhile, if I load the same torrent into uTorrent on Windows, I get:

Download speed: 500-700 kB/s
Upload speed: .6-1.2 kB/s
Seeds: 35
Peers: 8
Michael McFarlane
Ajax (Toronto) Canada

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:09 am

do you have any static portforwarding enabled on your router to your windows machine?
have you tried portforwarding to the hda for the torrent ports?
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

ajaxmike

Postby ajaxmike » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 am

I forwarded the ports that b4rt uses (49160-49300) to the HDA. I started 2 downloads. The first starts gets, to 11.4kB/s and then dies (no seeds). The second one doesn't start after 15 minutes (searching for peers).

I started the second download on uTorrent. It immediately found 4 seeds and started dowloading at 100-150 kB/s. Clearly, b4rt isn't working.
Michael McFarlane
Ajax (Toronto) Canada

tfbox

Postby tfbox » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:56 pm

The app installer will now grab VLC and unrar from rpmfusion IF those repositorys are installed BEFORE torrentflux-b4rt.

ajaxmike: torrentflux-b4rt is just a frontend to bittornado(and others). an older version of bittornado at that. I do not think it has a DHT feature like utorrent does. It is possible that utorrent is finding other trackers that are not specified in the .torrent file. If you can figure out what is going on hopefully we can do something about it.

PS: I just noticed that the amahi website is at spot #4 when searching google for 'torrentflux-b4rt' :D

PPS: I dropped a post in the torrentflux-b4rt forums mentioning its being tested for amahi. Link to the post