Tester News - PHPMyBackup & tons of new apps in beta!

rampage537

Tester News - PHPMyBackup & tons of new apps in beta!

Postby rampage537 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:48 am

Greetings Testers,

Monday is just around the corner and we would like to launch phpMyBackup but we can't launch without your help and feedback, so test and rate those apps. To do so click on the app name below (in this case phpMyBackup is the one were pushing for) and click on the appropriate start rating (ie 1-5) but make sure you install it and use it first.

Thanks to the great work of bigfoot65, GeraldW and others we will have to pick up the pace a little on testing the apps over the next week or two. There is a lot of new apps in beta now, check them out.

Apps in Beta
phpMyBackup
vnStat
Ajaxterm
LinPHA
Coolsmile
Mantis
OpenVPN ALS
TCExam
DokuWiki
Keepass
ClearBudget
phpSudoku
ATutor
OpenBiblio
OrangeHRM
openSIS
phpRecipeBook
webERP
WebChess
Family Connections
SuperCali Calendar

We will send out a email Monday of the next beta apps to test.

Thanks to the hard work of cpg the a new platform release is close, this release will include server functions to control the stopping, starting and restarting of many services such as apache, DNS, DHCP, Mysql DB, Samba, Amahi Dynamic DNS Updater and OpenVPN. Contact cpg in the irc channel if you are interested in beta testing platform releases.

Work has began on adapting Amahi to Fedora 11. There are some fairly major changes to F11, so we are collaborating to make some progress. You can follow and participate in the port in the Fedora 11 wiki page.

Thanks again for all your hard work, we could not have gotten this far without all your help and support.

rampage537
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives

andypflueger

Re: Tester News - PHPMyBackup & tons of new apps in beta!

Postby andypflueger » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:50 pm

I don't have "Beta Apps" available on my Control Panel to rate apps that are in Beta. I just installed & tested phpmybackup and love it!!

bsk

Postby bsk » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:02 pm

I don't have "Beta Apps" available on my Control Panel to rate apps that are in Beta. I just installed & tested phpmybackup and love it!!
Sorry, that was a typo in his post, higher ups have that ability, I have changed his post to reflect the way to rate the apps.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 am

I should mention that the Editors are the ones who have access to the "Beta Apps" area (not "higher ups" - we don't have no stinkin' higher ups :D ).

Editors are a kind of contributor who can edit the apps for English readability, logo "shininess" (hehe) and HTML validity, as well as suggest new apps.

Anyone who would like to contribute in this area can request becoming a contributor. All that is needed is participating a bit in the community so that we know you and trust you will behave.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bsk

Postby bsk » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:47 am

He is right, "higher ups" was not the correct tag, Contributors/Editors is, sorry for the confusion.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

rampage537

Postby rampage537 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Testers, there has only been 2 votes on phpmybackup, lets get those votes in.
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:40 pm