tester need for wpkg with wpkgexpress front end

rhglass

tester need for wpkg with wpkgexpress front end

Postby rhglass » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 am

I have been working on wpkg and wpkgexpress is all most finished just need to test the install packages their about 25 of them, I hopping to have them tested soon

information about wpkgexpress

wpkgExpress is a web-based frontend to WPKG. WPKG is an automated software deployment, upgrade and removal program for Windows.

It can be used to push/pull software packages, such as Service Packs, hotfixes, or program installations from a central server (for example, Samba or Active Directory) to a number of workstations.

It can run as a service to install software in the background (silent install), without user interaction.

if you would like to test the app the only installed program tested is dia so far

install the one click app wpkgexpress

then download dia-setup-0.97.exe save it to /Wpkg/software/dia

after that log on wpkgexpress

then create a profile with your computer name on it

then go to the admin page under tasks, on package import /wpkg/wpkg Example/dia

then create a hosts for your computer name

then go to profile add associated package Dia Diagram Editor (Dia)

logout wpkgExpress

then install this program wpkg\WPKG installer on the windows machine, this is my own program and is done using batch files and auto it 3, it will create a short-cut to the desktop

when run it will create a log file c:\wpkg_log\WPKG.txt

the other programs don't work with the windows home very well

if using windows 7 create a short-cut to cmd.exe on the desktop and give it adminstrator rights, plus the computer must be able to access the server with user name and password

not tested on windows 8

please let me know how you get on and if their problems or changes you would like to see

Richard

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: tester need for wpkg with wpkgexpress front end

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:49 pm

For those interested in helping test, please contact rhglass or myself. Either of us can add you to the app for testing.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rdagijones

Postby rdagijones » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Count me in. I will contact you.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Not sure if this is still in a testable condition. Note the date of request was in April. Also do not know if it's been adapted for Amahi 7. We are not testing or releasing apps for Ubuntu any longer.

EDIT: Same applies for Fedora 14. Amahi 7 on Fedora 19 is the only platform we are test/release apps currently.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2