LinPHA PHP Photo Archive - in beta

andypflueger

LinPHA PHP Photo Archive - in beta

Postby andypflueger » Mon May 25, 2009 8:02 am

Hello fellow Amahi users,

I worked on putting up a new app in the directory. It's a PHP Photo Archive app named LinPHA which has the following features:

* Image viewing statistics stored in Mysql db
* Image rotation
* Add/remove images by copying to hda pictures folder; subfolder for each individual album
* Automatic image thumbnail generation on first visit
* Friends can comment on photos as well as you can add captions to describe images

This app is in need of some beta testing so we can hopefully get this live in the app directory. Any takers? :D

cpg
Administrator

Re: LinPHA PHP Photo Archive - in beta

Postby cpg » Tue May 26, 2009 11:02 am

so far as i can tell it works perfectly, including the thumbnails of the pictures share!

excellent job!!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

andypflueger

Postby andypflueger » Tue May 26, 2009 5:29 pm

so far as i can tell it works perfectly, including the thumbnails of the pictures share!

excellent job!!
Thanks again, cpg, for your help getting me through writing the automated installer script. I think I know enough to think about and contribute my next project. Hmm, what'll it be. Maybe a rails app. ;)

andypflueger

Postby andypflueger » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 am

Hello fellow Amahi users,

I worked on putting up a new app in the directory. It's a PHP Photo Archive app named LinPHA which has the following features:

* Image viewing statistics stored in Mysql db
* Image rotation
* Add/remove images by copying to hda pictures folder; subfolder for each individual album
* Automatic image thumbnail generation on first visit
* Friends can comment on photos as well as you can add captions to describe images

This app is in need of some beta testing so we can hopefully get this live in the app directory. Any takers? :D
Anybody out there that's tested and/or rated LinPHA? Would like to get this app out of "testing" and in the official apps released directory.

rampage537

Postby rampage537 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:37 am

If all goes well it will be released tomorrow, it is in the last stage of testing. See post http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=501
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 am

Hallo,
I have my photo's in another directory on another harddisk of my hda. How can i get this photo's in LinPHA? :geek:

andypflueger

Postby andypflueger » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Hallo,
I have my photo's in another directory on another harddisk of my hda. How can i get this photo's in LinPHA? :geek:
You could always create a symlink to your pictures folder in /var/hda/pictures over to your photos directory on the other hard drive. That's how I have managed multiple hard drives with LinPHA in the past.

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:23 am

I am affraid I cannot make symlinks. When I try to make one in Nautilus I get the announcement that I am not allowed to make a symlink.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:03 am

You will have to figure out why. Probably permissions in the directory where you are creating the link.

Maybe do it as root if you have to? Or better yet, change the directory to be owned by you.

Though, it's always good to avoid root. Try to make the files owned by you even if that means mounting them with an option to make them owned by you (e.g. if they are on an ntfs volume). Then try the symlink.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:03 am

Even when I am logged in as root I get the warning that I have no rights to change something. I am the owner of the directory and the group is root. When I open Nautilus as root I see the next text, may be that is the cause of my problems?:

"/ voor informatie. (Details - 1: Verbinding maken met de sessie is mislukt: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

(nautilus:11947): Eel-WARNING **: GConf fout:
Niet gelukt contact te leggen met de configuratie-server; een van de mogelijke redenen is dat u TCP/IP netwerken voor ORBit moet aanzetten, of er zijn verouderde NFS locks door een systeem crash. Bekijk http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ voor informatie. (Details - 1: Verbinding maken met de sessie is mislukt: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

Niet gelukt contact te leggen met de configuratie-server; een van de mogelijke redenen is dat u TCP/IP netwerken voor ORBit moet aanzetten, of er zijn verouderde NFS locks door een systeem crash. Bekijk http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ voor informatie. (Details - 1: Verbinding maken met de sessie is mislukt: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
GConf waarschuwing: fout bij het weergeven van paren in ‘/apps/nautilus/preferences’: Niet gelukt contact te leggen met de configuratie-server; een van de mogelijke redenen is dat u TCP/IP netwerken voor ORBit moet aanzetten, of er zijn verouderde NFS locks door een systeem crash. Bekijk http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ voor informatie. (Details - 1: Verbinding maken met de sessie is mislukt: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
Niet gelukt contact te leggen met de configuratie-server; een van de mogelijke redenen is dat u TCP/IP netwerken voor ORBit moet aanzetten, of er zijn verouderde NFS locks door een systeem crash. Bekijk http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ voor informatie. (Details - 1: Verbinding maken met de sessie is mislukt: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.) "

(The directories are on an NTFS formatted disk.)