Tried to install the 32-bit version but got an error on first boot:
Also tested install of 64-bit version.
At the harddisk configuration screen
At the installation repositories screen
- Default partitioning scheme (Replace existing Linux System) is selected without the "Review and modify partitioning layout" selected (when someone has multiple disks in his system this would pose a problem).
- root filesystem and swap are by default configured in a LVM
- The "Graphical Desktop" was highlighted by default (instead of "Minimal", which I thought was the point of the Express CD/DVD)
- It doesn't show/have the Amahi repo configured.
- When adding the Amahi repo I had to enable the nic manually
Here's what I think it should look like:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8262108/Amahi-e ... -09-35.PNG
After installation and reboot I don't get a screen where I can put my Amahi install code (like with the old express cd).
I also had to restart the network before the machine got an IP address. (I tried the default settings installation too but got errors on the networking restart, eth0 did not have an IP address, that eth0 wasn't active)
The machine wasn't reachable on it's IP address after installation so I couldn't complete the installation.
hdactl was running but "amahi-installer" wasn't.
The "amahi-installer" service keeps reporting "amahi-installer dead but subsys locked".
Did another installation where I kept everything default.
Had to edit the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to enable the nic and restarted the network. Still not reachable.
Rebooted the machine but that also didn't help.
Tried to reach http://ip.add.re.ss