Storage pools

smither

Storage pools

Postby smither » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:35 am

Installed F14 and amahi 6 ok, but when I look at the Shares tab in setup, I can't see anything regarding storage pools or file duplication? Do I need to install something else, or enable something?

IceFragmatic

Re: Storage pools

Postby IceFragmatic » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 am

How many storage partitions have you got?
If you have only 1 then it will not show up. You need to have 2 storage partitions (usually this would mean 2 physical drives)

smither

Re: Storage pools

Postby smither » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 am

Hi - sorry for the delay: I have 4 drives - 2 in the lvm and 2 others formatted Ext4 and mounted under /media/xxx. I have 4 partitions displayed on the Amahi 'Storage/Partitions' screen in Setup. Brand new install, nothing on the disks other than the Fedora installation and Amahi 6 Beta. No clues anywhere as to how to enable file replication. Finally found the answer in the 'adding a hard drive' section on the wiki http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding_ ... o_your_HDA.

Finally, you'll need to configure Greyhole to select your new partition. To configure Greyhole, Advanced Settings must be enabled under Setup > Settings.

Ticked the box and 'Storage Pool' appears on the Shares tab - This should be mentioned in the Install guide.