Amahi 6 Beta, for your testing pleasure!

rveillerot

Re: Amahi 6 Beta, for your testing pleasure!

Postby rveillerot » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Had to "yum install cifs-utils" to have mount_shares_locally script working

tarl

Postby tarl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 am

Had to "yum install cifs-utils" to have mount_shares_locally script working
I've got the latest version of cifs-utils installed already but mount_shares_locally doesn't work.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Hello,

First, thanks for all the testing, things look good!

We added a new version of the hda-platform (v5.6.51-1) that changes the app installer to automatically back up app databases into /var/hda/dbs. We will start testing some apps for F14 now ...

Also, we started enabling themes to test them.

These are changes in a sensitive area, so please report anything strange you find!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Further updates - Greyhole updated to 0.9.0 with the following goodies. Will updated automatically within a few hours if you do not update it by hand (yum -y update hda-greyhole):

Changes from the previous RPM are:
- Bugfix: Issue 58: fsck continuous loop when fsck takes more than 8 hours
- Bugfix: Issue 59: Read-only filesystems can throw Greyhole into an infinite loop of doing nothing
- Bugfix: Issue 59: Read-only filesystems can throw Greyhole into an infinite loop of doing nothing (2/2)
- Improvement: added totals to --stats
- Improvement: clarified installation instructions when using SVN code
- Improvement: Issue 49: New fsck option to find orphan files in the storage pool
- Improvement: Issue 49: New fsck option to find orphan files in the storage pool
- Improvement: Issue 49: New fsck option to find orphan files in the storage pool: additional fixes to support using the --dir option in conjunction with the --find-orphaned-files option.
- Improvement: Issue 49: New fsck option to find orphan files in the storage pool: fixes and cleanups to previous commit based on code review.
- Undoing r390; will-recommit
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Folks,

We have release a limited number of applications for Fedora 14. More will be released over time as we ensure compatibility with the platform.

If you encounter any issues, please file a bug. This will ensure the problem gets prompt attention and helps us keep track of priority issues.

Enjoy and thanks for your continued support!
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:13 am

Great going bigfoot65, thanks!

Today we found and fixed a somewhat serious bug that could allow users to write to a share they are not supposed to be able to write, see the details and workaround in bug 743.

As a result, we have done a new update (v5.6.52) to the repo and you should get it automatically in the next few hours.

If you want to accelerate how you get it:

Code: Select all

yum clean metadata yum -y update 'hda*'

parody

Postby parody » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:09 am

Reading http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Install_without_LVM it says the LVM gets in the way. I was just wandering how? I deleted all the portitions in the vg_xxxxx and made a swap and a root partition.

I currently only have one HDD so I don't have a use for the Greyhole. But if I add another one and make it part of the pool will the files in /var/hda/files/ be part of it as well?
Would it be good to make a large partition and add it to the pool? Leaving ~20GB for the root.

Also in http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Greyhole it says you shouldn't change the files directly. But what if you add a git or svn into the share? i.e. the Amahi git.
Amahi 6, x86_64 Fedora 14, Zotac IONITX-B-E min-ITX
Nvidia Ion, Intel Atom N230 1.6GHz, DDR2 1024MB 800MHz, 1TB WD Carviar Green 7200rpm.

dinomic

Postby dinomic » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 am

Hi all,

To try and help with testing, I thought I should do a clean install of F14, but am having an issue with installing Amahi because I couldn't add the repo from the start because of a networking issue. I now can't find a way to add the Amahi repo once F14 is fully installed and running. Anyone got any advice on how to proceed, please?
Norco 4220 Case
Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R Motherboard w/ 8GB RAM
LSI SAS2116PCIe 6GB/s SAS (replaced 3Ware 9690SA-4I & Chenbro CK1360)
1 x Hitachi 160Gb2.5" System Drive (original 1 x OCZ 60GB Vertex 2 SATAII 2.5" SSD died)
8 x 4TB Hitachi Deskstars
6 x 3TB Hitachi Deskstars
6 x 2TB Hitachi Deskstars (1 dead!)

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 pm

@parody
Reading http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Install_without_LVM it says the LVM gets in the way. I was just wondering how?
I changed the wording a bit:
Often times Logical Volume Management creates added complexity for inexperienced users. Amahi does not recommend LVM unless you are an advanced user.
LVM is interesting, however, other than using the defaults and nothing else, it just adds complexity and we do not recommend it for new users.
I currently only have one HDD so I don't have a use for the Greyhole. But if I add another one and make it part of the pool will the files in /var/hda/files/ be part of it as well?
Would it be good to make a large partition and add it to the pool? Leaving ~20GB for the root.
Not clear what you mean here. If you add shares to the pool and those shares live in /var/hda/files, they should be going to the pool (if that's what you mean by 'it').
Also in http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Greyhole it says you shouldn't change the files directly. But what if you add a git or svn into the share? i.e. the Amahi git.
You are adding files to the share, that's not "directly" it means to day directly in Linux.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 pm

I now can't find a way to add the Amahi repo once F14 is fully installed and running. Anyone got any advice on how to proceed, please?
http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Self-install-existing