VPN via TCP to allow proxy operation

mana

VPN via TCP to allow proxy operation

Postby mana » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:09 am

I managed to get the VPN client to work on Win XP yesterday. Today I tried from work, but can't get it to work because of the proxy and the fact it is UDP.

How can I change the configuration on the server to switch to TCP instead of UDP? On the client if I am correct it is a matter of changing "proto udp" to "proto tcp" in HomeHDA.ovpn. Yes?

cheers
Mana

mana

Re: VPN via TCP to allow proxy operation

Postby mana » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:47 pm

bump

iotola

Postby iotola » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 am

I don't know if you have solution for this but I have just done this very thing.

You can change both the port and whether it is TCP or UCP in the following files

/etc/openvpn/amahi.conf & /etc/openvpn/amahi-dup-cn.conf

On the client

edit config on client HDAConnect - add this line: "remote <something>.yourhda.com <new port>"

and change the whether it is TCP or UCP.

In both the client and server cases the protocol is changed as you suggested by changing "proto udp" to "proto tcp"

I got some of this information from an older post titled "VPN - Ooma - UDP 1194"

mana

Postby mana » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:43 pm

thanks very much iotola, I actually gave up on Amahi because it runs on Fedora and not Ubuntu that has a better adoption, hence more apps available. I keep monitoring the releases, waiting for it to be available under Ubuntu
cheers
Mana