No (local?) DNS when connected to OpenVPN

maartenpelgrim

Re: No (local?) DNS when connected to OpenVPN

Postby maartenpelgrim » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:24 am

If the result does not show your IP address of the HDA, then there is something not right.
It shows my ip-adress.
BTW, when installing did you follow the guidance precisely and not deviate?
I did follow the guidance precisely, for as far as I can tell; it's not the first time that I have installed an Amahi server. I made sure that current Amahi ip adress is the same as in my control panel, DHCP and DNS are switched off on my modem/router and up and running on Amahi. I know it's working because I can access http://hda (for example) in a browser without any problems from within my home network; I can also ping it.

I am beginning to suspect that this is not an Amahi problem, but I'll need to check it first, for example by checking if I can make a VPN connection with another device than my laptop. If i remember correctly there has been an update of the network-manager-openvpn package in Linux mint (and ubuntu in general) recently. If my layman's eyes are not mistaken, there are more users with the same kind of issues:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1671606

Or is this something else?

Anyway, thanks a million for helping me out!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 pm

You could be on to something.

Have you tried uninstalling the openvpn App and then reinstalling? Are you using the new client certificates?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

maartenpelgrim

Postby maartenpelgrim » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:20 pm

Have you tried uninstalling the openvpn App and then reinstalling? Are you using the new client certificates?
Yes, I did both; I have re-installed and restarted Amahi several times, and renewed my certificates accordingly.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Not sure what else it could be.

Maybe if you could test from another client OS and see if the problem persists.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager