CLOSED: HDAConnect issue Windows 7

theholmeses

CLOSED: HDAConnect issue Windows 7

Postby theholmeses » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Hey all,

Been running Amahi for about a year now. I'm able to connect fine when at home. Currently, however, I'm out and connected to an unsecured network. The HDAConnect application has worked for me before, but now I'm experiencing a strange problem.

I cannot access the HDA by typing in hda/ into my browser, but I can connect to the network drives from within Windows. I can see the contents of the drives (documents, movies, etc.), but then I can't actually load any of the files (a movie, for example). The one exception that I found was a recipe I have saved as a simple notepad .txt file. That opened fine. Nothing else, though. PDF's, movies, music, MS Offfice documents (which are tiny), etc.

Anyone have any ideas? Windows shows a separate "unidentified" connection whenever I connect through HDA Connect, which a Google search suggested might be a problem. I can't remember if that was the case in the past (when it worked for me) or not.

I apologize, I'm not at home and can't remember which version of Amahi I have. All I have access to currently is my Amahi control panel, which doesn't seem to have that information.

Thanks everyone.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: HDAConnect issue Windows 7

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Use http://hda.domain.com substituting your domain for domain.com.

This is normal behavior when using VPN to access your HDA.

Same would apply to file shares, \\hda.domain.com.

BTW what version of Windows are you using.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

theholmeses

Postby theholmeses » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Well, it's working now. Still away from home, but now on a different unsecured network, and everything works fine. Logging in to the HDA, accessing files, etc. Guess there was something about the previous network that was causing problems. Sorry to waste your time.

To answer your question, I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:56 pm

No worries.

Happy to hear it's working now.

Will mark this one as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2