IPSec VPN

elduder

IPSec VPN

Postby elduder » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:25 pm

I purchases the quick install IPSec VPN app. I got it configured, got to the address for the group and secret fine. I can connect to it from the same lan, but I cannot connect from outside.

This would lead me to it being my routers fault. However, the same exact configuration with my router works with my synology VPN. What I did was basically change UDP ports 500, and 4500 from pointing to 10.0.0.2 (synology) to 10.0.0.3 (hda). The settings from my router are below.

If this never worked even with the synology, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work with this. But it's really strange that if I forward the ports back, the synology connects.

Side note: I also forwarded the OpenVPN port to the HDA, and the OpenVPN test in control panel says inactive. (this worked fine with the synology)

Edit---

So I was able to connect over LTE but not from the LAN that's most important to me. I figured out the old connection which worked was L2TP, not direct IPSec. Is there a way to get L2TP working as well, or is this just IPSec and that's what?