Need help on VPN & yourhda.com

mjclarke

Re: Need help on VPN & yourhda.com

Postby mjclarke » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:44 pm

OK, so I will have to see when I'm outside my network. Have to run out in an hour or so, will check then and see what happens.

mjclarke

Postby mjclarke » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Well, still no luck. Tried again outside network, and VPN got same message: Can't resolve host (mjclarke.yourhda.com), can't access yourhda.com link either. So I reset router to factory and reconfigured, adding port forwards again (80, 443 and one for Plex), to no avail. Spoke with Verizon (ISP) and they did a bunch of stuff, reboot ONT, DHCP release and still nothing. I have no clue what is preventing the yourhda.com link to work. I'm convinced that is the issue with VPN, unless there is another way to connect to my HDA via VPN. My port 80 is visible, according to http://www.canyouseeme.org/. Any other thoughts?

mjclarke

Postby mjclarke » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 pm

UPDATE: So I jumped on freenode and through some back and forth found out that the domain link or DNS was bad. Somewhere along the line a different version of the domain had gotten linked to the hda, possibly on a re-install when I first put Amahi 7 on. Anyway, long story short, the dynDNS was reset for the HDA, and should work once propagated. Will update when I can check out of network.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 am

Ah that makes sense. Hope that fixes your issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2