Can i use an IP address in the same Private subnet as my HDA

PatrickDickey

Can i use an IP address in the same Private subnet as my HDA

Postby PatrickDickey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:57 am

I have OpenVPN set up, and it gives my computers an IP address in the 10.8.0.x range, which would normally work. However one of the places that I connect from uses the 10.x.x.x range for their IP Addresses, so this causes it to fail. They also use 172.16 for internal IP addresses (it's a campus network). So I can't use those either.

My question is, if I have my amahi server and network on 192.168.2.x for IP addresses, can I use something like 192.168.200.x for the OpenVPN range, or will that conflict also? In theory, they shouldn't have any issues since they're different networks all the way around (as opposed to subnets in the 10.x.x.x and 172.16.x.x ranges).

Also, how would I go about configuring it? Is it just a matter of changing the IP addresses in the OpenVPN configuration files, or is there more to it?

Thanks, and have a great day.:)
Patrick.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Can i use an IP address in the same Private subnet as my

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 pm

I would think if you change the range it would work. The main issue I recall is they cannot be on the same subnet I think. Not sure what it takes to make the change, but I am sure you can find plenty of help either in the wiki or on the internet.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2