IPsec VPN Help: Cannot get VPN to Work

AustonnL

IPsec VPN Help: Cannot get VPN to Work

Postby AustonnL » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm

I installed IPsec VPN, and am using my client Macbook Pro OS X, to try and setup.

Once installed I ran through the Wiki instructions no problem. I port forwarded my router for the two ports that were needed. I did everything on my network preferences on my Macbook Pro to setup IPsec VPN. I am able to connect to IPsec VPN. I also went through the Wiki site and did the forwarding all traffic by going to the racoon.conf file and deleting those two lines and adding my p1p2 connections to the iptables....

Still after all of this I am having no luck.

I run traceroute on my client and I ping my routers ip address.... run traceroute on my HDA and I ping my hda then my routers ip address...

It does not seem to be switching the addresses at all....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

irishxlink

Re: IPsec VPN Help: Cannot get VPN to Work

Postby irishxlink » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:41 pm

I am a little confused, you said after you did all of your network preferences on your Macbook Pro you were able to connect to IPsec VPN? "I am able to connect to IPsec VPN"

My question is what are you having trouble with first, getting IPsec up and running and actually connecting? Or getting all the traffic to route through you HDA?

My first suggestion is to make sure you are able to connect using IPsec and then after that is up and running then start editing things.

Do you have a cell phone that has IPsec capability? Unless you have a separate ISP that you are using with your Macbook i would suggest making sure the IPsec service (racoon) is working by testing the vpn with your cell phone first. Its best to rule out issues with trying to vpn on the same network.

The very first thing i would do is uninstall the IPsec VPN web app from the Dashboard and then re install it. The Amahi team has done a great job with making it ready to go right away. After you install it test it. Using your cell phone disable your wifi and input the vpn settings from ipsec-vpn.(yourhdahome).com