VPN Not working

Blueracer

VPN Not working

Postby Blueracer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:01 am

I had the VPN working last week but now I can't get it working. By looking at the HDAConnect connection screen its trying to connect to the right IP address. These are the last few lines:
Peer Connection Initiated with xx.xx.xxx.xxx:1194
SENT CONTROL [server] 'PUSH_REQUEST' [status=1]
AUTH: Received AUTH_FAILED control message
TCP/UDP: Closing Socket
SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process ending

Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I forwarded UDP port 1194 to the server. I double checked my password. Any help would be appreciated.

Blueracer

Re: VPN Not working

Postby Blueracer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:53 am

I was checking in my Amahi server to see if OpenVPN was running or if I could find anything else wrong.
In the Fedora9 menu system: System/Preferences/Internet and Network/Network Connections , There are no network connections shown- is this wrong?
Under System/Administration/Network the network configuration shows etho being active. When I click on edit the "Controlled by Network Manager" box is not checked. Is this ok?

gmw

Re: VPN Not working

Postby gmw » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:53 am

I had the VPN working last week but now I can't get it working. By looking at the HDAConnect connection screen its trying to connect to the right IP address. These are the last few lines:
Peer Connection Initiated with xx.xx.xxx.xxx:1194
SENT CONTROL [server] 'PUSH_REQUEST' [status=1]
AUTH: Received AUTH_FAILED control message
TCP/UDP: Closing Socket
SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process ending

Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I forwarded UDP port 1194 to the server. I double checked my password. Any help would be appreciated.
I am not a network expert, but maybe forward UDP and TCP port 1194 to the server.
Another silly question -- but are you sure the user/password is correct?
I was checking in my Amahi server to see if OpenVPN was running or if I could find anything else wrong.
In the Fedora9 menu system: System/Preferences/Internet and Network/Network Connections , There are no network connections shown- is this wrong?
I do not even have this option on my installation!
Under System/Administration/Network the network configuration shows etho being active. When I click on edit the "Controlled by Network Manager" box is not checked. Is this ok?
This is OK (same as mine, and my VPN works)