Problems setting up for extra users

mtotton

Problems setting up for extra users

Postby mtotton » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 am

HI,

I want to allow some friends to access a specific share on my Amahi server. They are defined and have a password and have permission to access the share (in fact all users have). They have installed HDAConnect3 and when they run it with thwir userID and password they get a successful conection. All good so far. When they try to map the drive they get asked for a username and password-the one defined for them is rejected, but it works if they use mine (rapidly changed afterwards). Now I am sure this is something really obvious, but I can't figure out what it is - please help?

I have tried various things, but when I am home I am inside the LAN so that doesn't help, and at work we have a proxy that won't allow me to access the HDA, so I have to disconnect from the LAN and logon to a wireless guest net, try somethig, wait til I get home and make a change, then wait until the next day before I can test it out again - I usually forget what I did by then!

Rogerrally

Re: Problems setting up for extra users

Postby Rogerrally » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Have you tried to map the network drive yourself from within your home on your LAN, using the username and password of your remote guests?

This would at least prove that the share is working locally.