hdaconnect for windows

Tad2much

hdaconnect for windows

Postby Tad2much » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:37 am

I can't seem to find a working version of this. The link on the wiki will not download. Can somebody help me find either a preconfigured version of this or point me to some instructions on how to configure either the Cisco VPN client or the OpenVPN client? Thanks.

hornicha

Re: hdaconnect for windows

Postby hornicha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 am

I had the same problem!
Is the link in the wiki supposed to be generic (http://yourhda.com/newuser/hdaconnect.exe)? If yes what would be the url if the username is foo?

Besides that I love amahi so far!

greets
andi

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 pm

apologies - and thanks for the heads up.

should be up now!

we changed servers last week, and the HDAConnect was left behind.

it needs special treatment because it's an .exe file and the wiki doesn't take it well as an upload.

BTW, this program is a bit old, although it has worked VERY WELL for a loooong time.

it would benefit from a nice once-over (new logo, a new feature or two) and recompilation from the open vpn sources, if someone is up for it!

i think you only need some standard windows tools to compile it.

Tad2much

Postby Tad2much » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks! File is up there now. For some reason though I'm having trouble getting this to work. I thought it might be my router/firewall, but I don't think it is since I have it configured the same way for SSH on another computer (forwarding port 1194). I did notice however that the port doesn't appear to be listening on the server and I'm not quite sure why or how to fix it.

A netstat -an yields the following (inserted the headers for convenience)

Code: Select all

[root@amahi ~]# netstat -an | grep 1194 Active Internet connections (servers and established) Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:1194 0.0.0.0:*
Any ideas? Is there something in the setup that I missed perhaps? As far as I can tell the entire setup consists of installing amahi and that's it.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 pm

i get the same as you as you for the netstat command and my VPN is working.

one thing to keep in mind is that the vpn is a protocol over UDP sockets only, not TCP, so you must forward UDP packets (for ssh it's TCP packets).
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

Tad2much

Postby Tad2much » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Right. It should be forwarding both UDP and TCP.

nmap yields the following:

[jourdan@neon ~]$ sudo nmap -sU -P0 -p1194 <user>.yourhda.com
[sudo] password for jourdan:

Starting Nmap 4.62 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-01-22 12:11 MST
Interesting ports on my.ip.add.ress:
PORT STATE SERVICE
1194/udp open|filtered unknown

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.250 seconds

So I don't know. Not sure if my port forwarding isn't working properly or if something else is going on. This was from inside my network, but by giving it the full domain name like I'm hoping that it didn't just send the scan directly to the machine but came back through my router. However, I get nearly the same results if I just say "nmap hda" though it will return my MAC at that point.