CLOSED: VPN connection to use American streaming app

kikkegek

CLOSED: VPN connection to use American streaming app

Postby kikkegek » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:15 am

I would like to use a VPN service to be able to access an American streaming app.

I tested this and NordVPN works with this app from my phone, but now it wont let me cast on the tv anymore, because of the vpn connection.

There is a Fedora option for NordVPN:
https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivit ... -Linux.htm

My knowlegde of linux is pretty basic, so Im worried Ill mess up my Amahi installation.

Will it mess up my Amahi installation?

If so...Does Amahi offer a simelar service?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: VPN connection to use American streaming app

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Amahi has it's own VPN service, but not sure it will do what you want. You can refer to the openvpn App and wiki guidance located here.

As for installing the the third party application on your server, it's not something that has been tested. You can try it at your own risk.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kikkegek

Postby kikkegek » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am

thanks bigfoot65,
i checked that out and it seems it offers a secure connection between the HDA and clients.

What I am looking for is a VPN service that offers a secure connection through an abroad server/point so I can stream content that is geo-locked to certrain locations.

I dont think OpenVPN offers that. But Ill look into it. thanks.

Im not familiar enough with Fedore or linux to test NordVPN fedora software on AMAHI.

Can I make a feature request for a HDA app somewhere?

isshiki

Postby isshiki » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:21 am

Amahi has it's own VPN service, but not sure it will do what you want. You can refer to the openvpn App and wiki guidance located here.

As for installing the the third party application on your server, it's not something that has been tested. You can try it at your own risk.
THankks for sharing it @bigfoot.Kinemaster MOD APK..OpenVPN is so easy for windows :) i didn't know about it otherwise i would have used it from the start.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:20 pm

@kikkegek

If this is not a free, open source app then we likely would not add it to the Amahi store.

There are too many issues with licensing and support that make it cumbersome and somewhat complicated.

Also, since it integrates with the DNS, it would likely break the Amahi networking configuration.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

kikkegek

Postby kikkegek » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 pm

thanks Bigfoot65
and yes that makes perfectly sense.
Ill keep the VPN service on my smartphone and tablet and the HDA as it is, since its working great for me.

topic can be closed. thank you

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:20 am

No problem. Happy to assist.

Marking as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager