Drupal Installation Cron Job Hangs

woolymammothuk

Drupal Installation Cron Job Hangs

Postby woolymammothuk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 pm

When installing Drupal in Amahi after the one-click-install I proceeded to follow the instructions in the app panel after install, but after typing wg! the terminal hangs,
well it seems to you go to close it and it says that you will kill a running process but this seems to go on for hours......How long should this process take?

cpg
Administrator

Re: Drupal Installation Cron Job Hangs

Postby cpg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

hmm, this is something we need to automate.

i just tried it and it seems to be working ok for me:

Code: Select all

bash# crontab -e no crontab for root - using an empty one crontab: installing new crontab bash#
so i am not sure what is going on! (the messages do seem vaguely reminiscent after many years of using linux)

anyone have any ideas?

i think if you leave it (i.e. not do what the instructions say), drupal will be fine.
i am not sure why drupal does not do it itself to begin with.

i doubt this will make a difference in a low traffic drupal install ...
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Drupal Installation Cron Job Hangs

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 am

There is a possible way to automate it with a script file. I will take a look at it and see what I can do.

Not sure what wg! does but it should be wq! ( lower case Q not G). I will update the instructions as well since the Q is not needed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2