Amahi 5 Issues

snike3

Amahi 5 Issues

Postby snike3 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Just upgraded from Amahi 4.x on Fedora 10 to Amahi 5 on Fedora 12. Extremely disappointed that there was no upgrade path there. I wish CentOS was supported... That OS makes much more sense to use for servers due to the release cycles.

Initial installation went off without a hitch (spare the Fedora install corrupting the RAID information on my data drive). My problems came when I tried to install the programs provided by Amahi.

My first problem was with Webmin. I've set this up a few time before without Amahi, and then just fine with my previous install. However, following the instructions this time ended in Webmin not being able to enable SSL due to certificate problems. The solution I figured out was to completely uninstall webmin via the uninstall script it created and via Amahi. I then made sure to have 'yum -y install perl-Net-SSLeay' done before even installing webmin. When webmin installed this time (after executing the install script as well), it automatically detected the SSL requirements and configured the server for https.

My next problem is with the RPM Fusion repository installs. They say they installed through the Amahi setup, but yum commands do not poll RPM Fusion repositories with these "installed". I performed the install manually via the console instructions on the RPM Fusion website and now it's working.

Thought I'd post this information for anyone having the same problems...
Last edited by snike3 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi 5 Issues

Postby cpg » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:41 pm

can you file a bug in http://bugs.amahi.org for the webmin problem?
looks like a dependency missing issue?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

snike3

Re: Amahi 5 Issues

Postby snike3 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Bug #375 was created in the apps section for the webmin issue.