SOLVED: There are no applications available at this time.

rdagijones

SOLVED: There are no applications available at this time.

Postby rdagijones » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:22 am

I am getting on "There are no applications available at this time." frequently. I am assuming that is a problem on the Amahi.org end.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: There are no applications available at this time.

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:26 am

Possibly. There was some issues yesterday, but I have not heard of anything today.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

rdagijones

Postby rdagijones » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 am

I have had the same issue on two different Amahi servers today. Also the Amahi.org site has not been resolving and telling me something about a high amount of users trying to access the site. I find that when the apps disappear from the dashboard the Amahi.org site stops working at the same time. I assume there is a connection there. At this point, things are back on. Who do we inform if it continues to be a problem?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Who do we inform if it continues to be a problem?
This is a known issue and we are working to resolve it.

The best advice I can give is check the site is up before trying to install/uninstall any apps. If the process is taking a while, don't stop it. Let it continue until it declares failure on it's own.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

jkbuckethead

Postby jkbuckethead » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:10 am

Is there an alternate method for installing apps?

Specifically, I wonder about being able to download more critical apps like the disk add wizard and greyhole UI to a thumb drive at the start of an install to ensure that the apps are available when needed. I know this may not seem worthwhile when you have to download amahi itself, but it's just a thought. I have had trouble accessing apps on several occasions, but never amahi so it might make some sense.

For example, I am currently trying to install amahi, but I am at a standstill because it appears the original poster's issue is back again. I was able to install amahi and add the disk wizard app, but when I later tried to install the greyhole UI, I got the same error. (screenshot below) Until I can setup greyhole and restore my storage pool, I cannot readily access any of my media files.

I am fairly certain that amahi.org was having problems last night, but the main pages and forums (obviously) are back up this morning. Still, I can't install any apps, and the Control Panel says it is not updating even though it is working on my end.
Amahi Home Server › Apps.png
Amahi Home Server › Apps.png (78.21 KiB) Viewed 3774 times

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:07 pm

The amahi.org host system is and has been available in a very stable configuration for over a decade. Over the last few weeks, about once or twice a week, we have experienced some occasional overloads. Once we experienced it twice in a day, however, there could be some spikes.

We are working on it, but they are fairly rare.

That said, we regret this, because we have had an outstanding record in running things.

As for the message, it could also be that the systems have networking issues. A networking issue would manifest in the exact same way.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jkbuckethead

Postby jkbuckethead » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

As for the message, it could also be that the systems have networking issues. A networking issue would manifest in the exact same way.

Need to know what I should look for. What might such a networking issue be?

I've been out of town for a week, and my HDA is still not able to load apps. My network seems to working fine. I can definitely see and access my HDA over the network. Other computers on my network can access the internet. For the time being I am still using my router for DHCP and DNS because I'm turning the HDA off and on a lot while setting it up. My Amahi control panel shows the HDA as stopped, even though it is up and running. I guess this could be related to whatever is wrong with my connection to apps.

In the past I haven't had to do anything on the network or router side to make the HDA connect. I haven't found anything useful elsewhere in the forums. Any ideas?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:12 pm

If the system has good networking (can ping cnn.com, google.com, ..) then perhaps you deleted your amahi.org profile for it?

Without it it will never work.

You can com to the Amahi IRC and mention cpg and we can debug further, maybe restore the profile somehow.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jkbuckethead

Postby jkbuckethead » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks. I've never used IRC before, but I'll give it a try.

jkbuckethead

There are no applications available at this time.

Postby jkbuckethead » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Solved