Amahi and Amazon Prime Members

Epedrego

Amahi and Amazon Prime Members

Postby Epedrego » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello,

I know Amahi uses Amazon to host the sync app, but I was wondering if there are any apps or was to interface Amahi with those who are also Prime members. I love my HDA and am setting up redundancy storage with a nightly back up to an external drive, but I am planning for the worst... theft or fire. What I would like to do is use my unlimited Amazon photo storage as an offsite backup. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi and Amazon Prime Members

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Check out Access Amazone Cloud Drive command line.

Based on what I have read, the unlimited is only for photos. You only get 5GB for other files unless you pay extra for unlimited storage.

You can search the internet and find all sorts of articles on this topic.

Not something we will likely explore for Amahi, but maybe something that can be documented in the wiki if you have any success with it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Epedrego

Postby Epedrego » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks Bigfoot. I actually came across that and am going to try that out soon.

Unlimited cloud storage on amazon is $60/yr, which really isn't bad at all. I would pay that much for offsite redudancy.

Anyway, I will report back with feedback once I start messing with that.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:44 am

Unlimited cloud storage on amazon is $60/yr, which really isn't bad at all. I would pay that much for offsite redudancy.
That is reasonable. I may have to check into it as well.
Anyway, I will report back with feedback once I start messing with that.
This would be an interesting project and addition to Amahi. Who knows, if it's not too complicated we might be able to come up with an Amahi application to do the integration.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2