Install of phpMyAdmin hanging

rgmhtt

Install of phpMyAdmin hanging

Postby rgmhtt » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:57 pm

My first app install. I am at //hda/setup?tab=apps

I selected phpMyAdmin. I saw some messages about installing required modules or some such. In /var/log/messages I see yum installs for:

libmcrypt, php-mbstring, and php-mcrypt

But for the last 30 min, the dots have been worling at Preparing to install but nothing happening.

I can browse various sites, so I have http connectivity through my firewall.

Perhaps there is some 'special' port I need open on my firewall (and NATted?) for this to work?

bsk

Re: Install of phpMyAdmin hanging

Postby bsk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:01 pm

Shouldn't have to. Travel to a different page, then go back and try to install again, it might have dropped the connection for some reason.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:15 pm

does not seem to help.

I got a message about installing dependencies, but nothing new in /var/log/messages

And the spindizzy is spinning away and nothing is happening...

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Oh, do you have to be logged in as root to use the install apps page? It does run yum (of course that can be done with sudo)...

bsk

Postby bsk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:29 pm

No, you dont have to log into the app page. The installer uses yum with sudo automatically.

Do you have yum doing something right now? Like are you installing things via command line with yum or running updates?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm

No. And in fact, since I REALLY needed phpMyAdmin to fix the netmask, I followed the wiki and successfully manually installed it.

Something is wrong with the basic AMAHI control (RAIL?) stuff. See my install post.

marcel

Postby marcel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:25 am

There is something wrong with one-click install of phpmyadmin. Its installing nothing. I think the download link is broken. Can it be updated?
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 am

Yes it can be updated, and actually we might pull it since there is now a newer version of the app in beta.

You can keep track of app updates at http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/App_Updates

This way, when we pull the app and release the new version, it will be the latest and greatest.

We have a user (bigfoot65) that has been taking care of all app updates lately, so please, if you know of one that is out of date and needs an upgrade, and it is not on that list, please add it.

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:55 am

This app has now been updated to the latest version, 3.2.1.

Please update, also users that were not able to install, all should be well now.

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Not quite. I just ran it on my newest install.

It got further along, but was still hanging. It was not geting to the 'yum install phpmyadmin' portion.

I killed Firefox and did the install from a terminal. Then I tried to follow the wiki instructions to create the symbolic link, but I was informed it existed! So I restarted http://hda and there was phpmyadmin.

So it almost made it,