CLOSED: Torrent Apps

burn913

CLOSED: Torrent Apps

Postby burn913 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Hello,

This week i successfully upgraded my Amahi server to Amahi 9. I had been having some problems with Transmission on Amahi 8, and they've carried over to Amahi 9. These include the app crashing if I try to do a single action with a bunch of selected torrents such as resuming or pausing all of my torrents, or changing the location of a bunch. There is also a constant error message that pops up telling me about a connection problem to the server. I thought I'd give qbittorrent a try, and it seems like I really like it. BUT, there is no "set location" or "move torrent" feature. So once you've added a torrent, it's a huge pain to move the actual files, then re-load the torrent. This seems to be a feature with the desktop versions, but not sure why it didn't carry over here. This brings me to my question about Deluge. Is this live on Amahi 9? It appears so, but I can't get it to install. When I choose to install, it just hangs forever, supposedly installing :

Code: Select all

This app failed to install :-( We REALLY HATE that.This could be due to a bug, slow failed network, app bug or other changes to the system. Please share the logs (in Linux, via terminal or SSH) using "apaste" as follows:tail -600 /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log | apaste If you feel this is a bug we at the Amahi Team would like to hear from you via the forums the bug tracker or the IRC support channel.

After looking closer, it does appear that Deluge installed and is working properly. Its working much better than the other 2 clients.

Any ideas on any of the problems of these 3 clients? Without one of them working and with the few features I need, I'm kind of up a creek. I'm willing to help out with testing or troubleshooting, but I am very new to linux, and need step by step instructions.

As always, thanks for being such an amazing resource.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Torrent Apps

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:54 pm

This brings me to my question about Deluge. Is this live on Amahi 9? It appears so, but I can't get it to install.
I am confused about your post. First you say Deluge did not install. Then you later say it did and is working fine. You also ask for help saying that you need one of the 3 to work to meet your requirements.
Any ideas on any of the problems of these 3 clients? Without one of them working and with the few features I need, I'm kind of up a creek.
So is there a problem or not. Please try to be clear in what you need so we don't waste time going back and forth.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

burn913

Postby burn913 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:26 am

Sorry if that sounded like a rant. It's just frustrating that each app has problems. At this point, I think I'm all set with Deluge. It did, in fact install, albeit with that install error message. I subsequently had to reinstall after some issues but it seems ok for now. As for the other two apps, I guess I'm just pointing out some problems, especially with Transmission. It seems barely functional.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:45 am

If there are issues with apps installing, request you submit a bug report.

For application functionality issues, those are best addressed to the vendor who created the application. Amahi can only work issues that are specific to installation and that the application functions as designed.

Glad you found the app that works best for you.

If there are no other problems, I will mark this one as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2