SOLVED: Couch Potato Install Problems - False Alarm

guerilla

SOLVED: Couch Potato Install Problems - False Alarm

Postby guerilla » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:29 pm

I have just installed the CouchPotato app from the app store. The install seemed to go fine but when i go to the web address couchpotato.home.com I get the following message:

{"success": false, "error": "Failed returning results"}

I have checked the install log and there are no problems.

The couch potato server doesnt appear to be running. I have tried to restart it with the web interface but it doesnt work. I have run:

Code: Select all

systemctl status couchpotato -l ● couchpotato.service - CouchPotato server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/couchpotato.service; enabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2016-01-24 20:33:01 GMT; 8s ago Process: 12657 ExecStart=/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/CouchPotato.py --daemon --pid_file=/var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid --data_dir=/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/data (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 12654 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chmod 755 /var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/CouchPotato.py (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 12651 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chown -R apache:users /var/run/couchpotato/ (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 12648 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/couchpotato/ (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Main PID: 12662 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Jan 24 20:33:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: couchpotato.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE Jan 24 20:33:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit couchpotato.service entered failed state. Jan 24 20:33:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: couchpotato.service failed.
I'm not really sure what to try or look at next. Can anyone advise?
Last edited by guerilla on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

guerilla

Re: Couch Potato Install Problems

Postby guerilla » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Running the command to start from the command line gives the following.

[root@localhost html]# python /var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/CouchPotato.py --pid_file=/var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid --data_dir=/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/data Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/CouchPotato.py", line 133, in <module> l.run() File "/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/CouchPotato.py", line 89, in run runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env) File "/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/couchpotato/runner.py", line 335, in runCouchPotato server.listen(config['port'], config['host']) File "/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/libs/tornado/tcpserver.py", line 125, in listen sockets = bind_sockets(port, address=address) File "/var/hda/web-apps/couchpotato/html/libs/tornado/netutil.py", line 145, in bind_sockets sock.bind(sockaddr) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args) socket.error: [Errno 98] Address already in use

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Please provide the URL for the following:

fpaste --sysinfo
This will help us assist you with your issue.

Also check /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log for errors.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:08 am

We tried to help diagnose what was up with this situation in IRC. Something was unusual. I asked this:

ps guax | grep couch
because it seemed that there was some instance running that caused the bind to the port to fail because it was in use already.

However, we got disconnected or something. The fpaste may not help a lot, however, it's good the have it. The app install log may show errors, which could be significant to this case.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

guerilla

Postby guerilla » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:26 am

ps guax | grep couch
Hallo, I had to go to a meeting but when I finished I did run the above and it did appear that an instance was already running, but I still couldn't access the web interface.

I killed the process that was running and restarted the service from the amahi web interface and I was able to access couch potato. So, all is working well now. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but I can't replicate the error.