CLOSED: Can't add, remove or rename shares in greyhole UI

dannyoleson

CLOSED: Can't add, remove or rename shares in greyhole UI

Postby dannyoleson » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 am

Hi there -

If this has been asked and answered elsewhere I apologize. My primary drive died on me recently so I had to rebuild my Amahi install. I followed the directions here to reconnect my greyhole data drives - https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Reconn ... orage_pool, but I had some shares not in the default list of shares, and I had also renamed a couple of the shares, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add, remove or rename shares via the UI. I want to make sure I have this all set up properly before I do the fsck. When I tried to use greyhole.conf directly, the greyhole UI would not see the changes.

Thank you!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Can't add, remove or rename shares in greyhole UI

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:18 am

Shares are managed via the dashboard UI as shown in the storage and file sharing article.

You don't control the name or locations via Greyhole, but via Samba.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

dannyoleson

Re: Can't add, remove or rename shares in greyhole UI

Postby dannyoleson » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:27 am

Ah! that's right! thank you!

dannyoleson

Re: CLOSED: Can't add, remove or rename shares in greyhole UI

Postby dannyoleson » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:50 am

While I've got you -

In the following part of the instructions, is that just "mount[ing] your data to their old paths" merely pasting into the new fstab, or were you suggesting a different operation?

Next, connect your data drives back to your server, then use the contents of your previous /etc/fstab to mount your data drives in their old paths (hint: copy and paste the lines that have mount points in /var/hda/files/drives/).

When you're finished, verify the mount points exist:

ll /var/hda/files/drives

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: CLOSED: Can't add, remove or rename shares in greyhole UI

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:04 am

I believe that is the intent. I did not author that article, so I am just guessing the author's intent.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2