RESOLVED: Sabnzbd file permissions

panzer

Re: Sabnzbd file permissions

Postby panzer » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:01 am

Did the app create these new folders? Might try doing the following and see if it helps:

Code: Select all

chown -R 1stadminuer:users /var/hda/files/newsgroups
Replace 1stadminuser with the appropriate user name that is used for all other shares. You might also need to restart SABnzbd Plus.

UPDATE: This might help as well.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1740
I have tried changing ownership and yet it still continues to not download but stay in a 00:00 state. Not sure where to go on this one it seems like sabnzbd has no permission to change permissions on incomplete files.?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:32 am

I have no idea either. Did you check the internet? Maybe there is something in the SABnzbd forums.

This is likely an app issue, so not sure what else we can do to assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

panzer

Postby panzer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 pm

I have no idea either. Did you check the internet? Maybe there is something in the SABnzbd forums.

This is likely an app issue, so not sure what else we can do to assist.
Hi

After countless install and removal, i have found out the root of the problem.
With manual install wizard it asked me for the newsgroup provider details and to configure other settings.
When Amahi installed the SABnzbd through one click install, everything worked fine however the nzb was not downloading. After going through everything it was my newsgroup provider was not configured.

config>servers> add server

As soon as my server credentials were added everything started to download. I suggest that on the wiki guide for this program to remind the user to add their newsgroup server provider details as this can be overlooked *it is part of the wizard on the manual rpm install* and can cause a whole lot of issues.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Glad to hear you have it resolved. We use the source in teh Amahi app, not an RPM so not sure if that makes a difference.

If you would like to update the wiki, we would greatly appreciate it. We rely on users to help maintain the currency of info in it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2