phpMyAdmin upgrade

jehali

phpMyAdmin upgrade

Postby jehali » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 am

I have installed phpMyAdmin version 4.2.7.1, and it is suggested to upgrade to the most recent version: 4.2.8
How can I do that?

cpg
Administrator

Re: phpMyAdmin upgrade

Postby cpg » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:19 am

It's best to not do that. Some apps suggest this type of in-app update, however, they may try to do the update and could fail. Sometimes the database format could change or other subtle things with permissions, etc. Or worse, it could be that the update process has been hacked and you get into a situation where the app is now vulnerable or infected with malware.

This would leave you in an unsupported situation.

We realize everyone wants to be at the latest all the time, however, there can be more risk in the bleeding edge.

Best to wait for app updates from Amahi. Or even better, unless you know exactly that you need some feature in the new version, stay at the working version for a long time.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jehali

Postby jehali » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 am

Ok, that's clear to me.

Another problem which I solved is that the Amahi web-app phpMyAdmin suggests to use the loginname: root with password: hda
With that combination I am getting the error message: #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server.
In the config.inc.php file are the following lines:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'phpmyadmin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'phpmyadmin';

Entering that logincombination was successfull.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 am

You are correct. We fixed it. Good catch!

Those credentials (root/hda) are for mysql, not phpmyadmin.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1