Jinzora updated to 2.8 - check it out and see if it's better

cpg
Administrator

Jinzora updated to 2.8 - check it out and see if it's better

Postby cpg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:56 pm

This is for existing and prospective Jinzora users. Jinzora is the "ultimate web based media streaming app". It can stream to the Wii, smart phones, Xbox/PS3, etc.

Thanks to two entrepreneurial users (gmw and dba61), we have released a new and improved version of Jinzora, Jinzora 2.8.

This fixes some stability upgrades as well as a much better installer. This app has been somewhat hard to get right (those who have tried it with their vast collection of music know what we're talking about). This new version should make it a little bit easier to get it to work well.

In order to pick up this version you would have to uninstall the current Jinzora app and install the new one. NOTE that your DB with the settings, etc. WILL BE LOST unless you back up the database (phpMyBackup and mysqldump are your friends for that).

We have saved all the details of the previous version and can make that available to you if you want to.

Cheers!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

lou1z

Re: Jinzora updated to 2.8 - check it out and see if it's better

Postby lou1z » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:57 pm

ummm.... install no problem. scan of /var/hda/files/music does not import *.mp3. tried numerous albums but no avail.
however, it does see the default mp3 file (tyler something...) in there. same albums work on a centos5 with jinzora 2.7.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Jinzora updated to 2.8 - check it out and see if it's better

Postby cpg » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:49 am

hmm, not good. :(

i am not familiar with jinzora, however, we do have some onboard, perhaps they can chip in ...
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1