Webmin

jonathankonrad

Webmin

Postby jonathankonrad » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Webmin is a great addition to Amahi. I've used it for year on simple LAMP server. I decided to purchase this app and set it up that way instead of just downloading it directly. Everything seemed to run fine. One early problem I noticed is that the Apache module is not correctly detecting that Apache is running. It does show all the virtual servers, so it is reading the config file. However it simply has the option to "start" Apache. Of course Apache is already running. Clicking "start" just gives an error, and I was actually looking for the "restart" after I added a virtual server to reach a custom web app I am hosting on my own HDA. I'm not sure what is missing in the module config. Any tips?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Webmin

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:28 am

Have you checked the Webmin site for help? My recommendation would be to restart the web sever via the Amahi dashboard. That's really where it should be done or command line.

You have to be careful with Webmin as it can really mess up the HDA. That's why we have the "for Advanced Users" message associated with the app. Not everything you do with Webmin is always comnpatible with Fedora and Amahi.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

jonathankonrad

Postby jonathankonrad » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Ok. Thanks. I've always installed it on my HDA on my own. I thought this time I'd try to use the "app". Hoping some of the configuration work would be done. I'll dig around on my own. Thanks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:39 pm

It would be great if you could add some guidance to the wiki. I am sure others would benefit from your experience.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2