SuperSync iTunes server - An alternative for MediaRover

Darshin

SuperSync iTunes server - An alternative for MediaRover

Postby Darshin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Everyone@Amahi community,

Sorry for posting it here, but thought this would be the best way to communicate with the community.

I am from SuperSync, an iTunes library manager, which allows you to sync, merge, compare, move your iTunes libraries across multiple Macs, PCs and iOS devices within your network. You could create a master library and sync from the other machines in the network, also connect remotely from a different physical location.

So basically, you could use SuperSync as an iTunes server on your Amahi NAS box to replace the out of support MediaRover. We could help you migrate as well.

We have been working on a similar solution with VortexBox and would like to work on a similar integration with Amahi NAS. Both are based on Fedora linux, so it should not be an uphill task.

We would be glad to offer our support and work along with the interested integrators towards developing an integrated iTunes server solution with Amahi, which extends the capabilities as well as presents an alternative solution to an outdated MediaRover solution. Also, we could team up to continue working on hashing the code and making it more user friendly and automated iTunes server solution for home users.

Kind Regards,
Darshin

gorillazgr

Re: SuperSync iTunes server - An alternative for MediaRover

Postby gorillazgr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:22 am

i think this could be great !!!
My HDA:
AMD Athlon(TM) 7550 Dual-Core Processor@1.25 GHz,
ASRock 960GC-GS FX board,
1024MB RAM + 4GB swap,
SATA 60GB(SYSTEM) + 2TBx3(POOL),
Gigabit Network,
Amahi7.1 (Fedora19)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Think this may be the first commercial product to be released as an Amahi app.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Darshin

Postby Darshin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all a big thanks to the Amahi team for their generous support to help us compile the SuperSync Server app for Amahi.

The SuperSync team had been working on a SuperSync version for Amahi NAS. We have successfully built our SuperSync Server product for Amahi NAS and have released the official Beta.

The product has been through rigorous inhouse testing, however, now we need the community's help to test it to help SuperSync mature into a fully usable General Availability product.

To download and test SuperSync, it is available in the Beta Apps category under Amahi Apps. For any questions and support required, feel free to contact me at darshin@supersync.com

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Darshin

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Just some quick feedback.

I had to access this using hda:5360 . The dashboard link did not work.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Don't know why the ProxyPass works for some, but not for others. I have added alternate code to the .conf file that might help.

What you have to do is edit the /etc/httpd/conf.d/####-supersync.conf file and comment out the two ProxyPass lines and uncomment the 3 below it.

The last thing is to restart httpd, then the dashboard link should work correctly. Of course you would need to uninstall, then reinstall the app to get the new code.

If you have feedback on this app in future, please add it to the bug report vs here. We are tracking all issues there.
https://bugs.amahi.org/issues/1337
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

WiFiNetGuy

Postby WiFiNetGuy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 am

Sorry for resurrecting this thread. But I believe I was put on the Tester's list a while back. It's been a while since I've installed any Beta apps but would like to try this one out. Bigfoot65 can you give me some info on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance...

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:39 am

Tester program has been suspended. You can PM me your amahi.org user name to test. This app has not been updated in quite some time though so may not work

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

WiFiNetGuy

Postby WiFiNetGuy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Well it didn't take long to have a problem. I try to install via the Apps tab for my HDA and get the message, almost immediately, that the installation has failed. The only additional information I get is the normal (...failed because of a bug....) text. I rebooted the HDA and tried again but get the same results. After the failed install I found that I had RPM Fusion (Free) installed, which I didn't consciously do, in case that helps.

Edit to give additional message details:

This app failed to install :-( We REALLY HATE that.This could be due to a bug, slow failed network, app bug or other changes to the system.
Please share the logs (in Linux, via terminal or SSH) using "apaste" as follows:tail -600 /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log | apaste
If you feel this is a bug we at the Amahi Team would like to hear from you via the forums the bug tracker or the IRC support channel.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:10 pm

I will take a look. Thought it might not work sine there has been no updates in quite some time.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager