SOLVED: How to Manually Uninstall an App???

lassenloop

SOLVED: How to Manually Uninstall an App???

Postby lassenloop » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:01 am

I installed the app Headphones on my Amahi 6 (Ubuntu 12) box. The app only partially installed, but wasn't listed on the dashboard or page with installed apps. I tried installing it again from the dashboard, and it succeeded. However, the install directory was /var/hda/web-apps/headphones1. This is when I realized that the first attempt had actually partially succeeded.

I tried removing the headphones1 folder and pointing the apache virtual server to the headphones directory, but then apache failed to start.

I manually removed the folders out of /var/hda/web-apps and /etc/httpd/conf.d . But now my PlexMS app is showing up as not installed on the dashboard, though it does work. I also have 3 installations of headphones listed on my web apps page.

How can I manually uninstall all instances of headphones and get my PlexMS to show up as an installed app again?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: How to Manually Uninstall an App???

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:57 pm

While possible, it's simpler to just uninstall via the dashboard in the Installed apps section. Once you have them uninstalled, then go and check /var/hda/webapps and ensure they are all gone there. Finally make sure there are no .conf files in /etc/httpd/conf.d directory left behind.

Before reinstalling, ensure your browser cache is cleared and might be a good idea to restart the HDA first.

Please let us know if this helps. We are seeing where an app initially fails to install, then the user tried to install again. Always check installed apps a few minutes after a failure to be sure it did not install before proceeding.

Hope this helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:04 pm

I cannot uninstall it via the dashboard, because the dashboard thinks it's not installed.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Ok, then the best thing would be to check the app install log so you can get the app id for affected apps.

There is a script called /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app that should allow you to do the manual uninstall using the app id. If it does not work, then presume the HDA does not know the app is installed. You would then need to manually remove the pieces.

I would also suggest you clear your browser cache as it often causes problems. Then check the dashboard Installed Apps again to ensure they are not listed. If not, the manual uninstall would be your next step.

Not sure why this happens as it never should. Hopefully we can figure it out and get you back on track.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:38 pm

How do I run the script?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:45 pm

The name of the script from my previous post is the command. Options are -u and appid so it knows which to remove.

You can also do the script --help and get the switches as well. I personally would cd to the directory and run it from there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I was able to run the script by type "ruby install-app -u". But it doesn't seem to remove anything. Is the app id the prefix from the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 pm

No, the app idea is in the app install log and looks like this:
Installing app id ogiaus92x5
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

lassenloop

Postby lassenloop » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:42 pm

I ran the script, but since none of the files were there, it didn't change much. I think the only thing I didn't accomplish via manual removal of the files was removing the lines from the hda_production database.

So to summarize my actions:

I deleted /var/hda/web-apps/headphones*
and /etc/httpd/conf.d/*headphones.conf
and the headphones entries in hda_production\aliases and hda_production\webapps.

No I just have to figure out how to get Amahi to realize that PlexMS is still installed. I never messed with Plex, so I'm not sure why it thinks it's uninstalled.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Might just want to install it again. The app should detect it's there and should reinstall the missing pieces. You could manually uninstall the plexmediaserver app first and then it would reinstall it completely.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager