Amahi Mail System

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Amahi Mail System

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:27 am

Hello,

We are proud to announce the Amahi Mail System for Fedora 19 is ready for testing.
http://www.amahi.org/apps/amahi-mail-system

The wiki has also been updated with instructions for a manual install of the app. Anyone interested in helping, please PM me with your amahi.org user name.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

melnik

Re: Amahi Mail System

Postby melnik » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Good day,

I am quite curious about running my personal mail server together with "real" domain.

I have followed your install guide to the letter. Few hiccups:

1. I absolutely could not install a "ams" Web App manually - I mean I did but is was not accessible. Webmin shows that corresponding apache virtual server is there; however when i try to open the page i get no connection. Any pointers here?

To continue with installation I have pointed existing app "miniflux" to html folder of Amahi Mail Server; installation went smoothly and log said that I have 2 new messages. I can login to the AMS management console.

2. Now, how do I connect roundcube to the newly installed mail server? What do I enter for login/pass? Domain? I have tried every combination i could think off with no success.

Thank you

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:24 am

1. I absolutely could not install a "ams" Web App manually - I mean I did but is was not accessible. Webmin shows that corresponding apache virtual server is there; however when i try to open the page i get no connection. Any pointers here?
What problem did you experience?
2. Now, how do I connect roundcube to the newly installed mail server? What do I enter for login/pass? Domain? I have tried every combination i could think off with no success.
I thought the help file covered that, but maybe not. You enter the full email address for the user name and password is self-explainable. As for the server, it would be whatever you set on install. Typically it's hda.amahi.net but could be something different. You can check the AMS Management Console to see what you set it up as.

We also have an app called SquirrelMail that is specifically configured for AMS.
https://www.amahi.org/apps/squirrelmail

If you would like to test it, please let me know. As for everything else, I am happy to assist with getting this working. I have not tested it in quite some time, so glad it's still installing without error.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

melnik

Postby melnik » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Hmm i guess first thing is first - I have just realised that I might be running outdated version of Amahi:

System 3.12.8-200.fc19.x86_64 ,x86_64
Platform 7.1.1-1
Core 5.1.3-1

Can you confirm or deny this?

If it is outdated, is there a way for me to upgrade without reinstall / total destruction?

This might solve some issues potentially.

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:34 am

Code: Select all

yum clean metadata yum update hda-platform
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

melnik

Postby melnik » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Bigfoot,

I have sorted out issues with my amahi install and would like to get Amahi Mail System another go.

When I install it manually by following steps in Wiki, roundcube gets error that it cannot connect to IMAP storage or smth similar. I would assume you would like to see logs - which logs should I post here?

It might make sense for me to remove AMS and install both AMS and SquirrelMail automatically if you provide me an Alpha access.

My intent here is to eventually use AMS as a sole provider of my email. I understand that I will need to register a proper domain in order to do that.

Many thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:44 pm

The app install is pretty much the same as what is documented in the wiki. Squirrelmail does work better than Roundcube I believe.

Typically when you see the IMAP error, it means something did not complete correctly. Check the mail-install.log file in the directory where you installed it for errors.

I can give you access to the apps, but lets see what the issue is first before we go that route.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

melnik

Postby melnik » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Bigfoot,

No errors in the log...

Validating Postfix configuration... ** Configuring pyzor... ** Updating SpamAssassin definitions... ** Creating mailbox and sending test mail... ** Install complete! Your Login Credentials... User Name: admin@melnik.com Password: amahi You have 2 new messages.
another thing that I noticed is that I cannot execute start / stop scripts:

Using username "root". root@192.168.0.10's password: Send automatic password Last login: Thu Oct 23 11:22:24 2014 from 207.194.108.77 [root@localhost ~]# cd /var/hda/web-apps/ams/html [root@localhost html]# ./mail-stop.sh -bash: ./mail-stop.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory [root@localhost html]# ./mail-start.sh -bash: ./mail-start.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Any clues here?

Thank you!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Remove the ^M from all lines in the script. Then try again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

wyzard

Postby wyzard » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Interested in setting up my own mailserver. Is this app available to be used? Would love to purchase and download and have a go at it.

Thanks.