Updating Transmission

Bureaucromancer

Updating Transmission

Postby Bureaucromancer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Has anyone successfully updated the version of transmission included in the one click install? There used to be instructions for doing it on Fedora, but it took an Amahi specific package to do it, so I'm somewhat leery of just trying to install the newer transmission-daemon packages.

I would take a crack at a manual install, but I also don't understand how the installation itself works... If I did a manual installation what would I need to do to connect the URL provided by new web app to the ip of the interface? Documentation seems to say that it has something to do with with the /var/hda/web-apps/app/html folder, but transmission html folder is empty, and all it's files seem to be in the place expected for a normal install. I guess the best thing would be if someone could point me to something with more detail than http://blip.tv/amahi/amahi-web-apps-1499245 as to how I would go about setting up a web app, and how I might do it with something installed through a package rather than a monolithic extract to the html directory... I have to assume it involves directly configuring the dns server, but I haven't seen documentation on doing THAT anywhere either.

PS: been digging and have traced down /etc/httpd/conf.d, which I guess is part of Apache? What should I be looking at to get an understanding of what's happening here?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Updating Transmission

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:00 am

Have you checked the wiki?

https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Transmission

This may be some help.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Bureaucromancer

Postby Bureaucromancer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:56 am

Nothing there is particularly enlightening. There are links to very old Anahi specific packages for updating Transmission on Fedora. That leaves me wanting to do a fresh manual install, but needing documentation on how to put together a web app myself, (both to to integrate with the Amahi interface like the one click, and to learn how to) since the tutorial on them seems to only refer to monolithic installs that can be dumped in the HTML folder in their entirety.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Well if you are interested we could create a test app for you to modify and play with. If you are not a contributor, you can email support and request access.

This would give you a clone of the current app and then you can modify it from there. It would help us get the app updated and help you with your quest.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Bureaucromancer

Postby Bureaucromancer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Sorry for the delay.

Definitely interested in testing anything you have on this, though the best solution might be that I become an app contributor. I've got a couple of things I'd like to take a crack at packaging if I can figure out everything involved, and am not especially interested in becoming an app tester in general (the apps I use I'm happy to test, but I've only got one server running at the moment, so installing and testing random apps isn't really a thrilling prospect).

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Sounds great. Please email support with your request. We can also give you access to a clone of Transmission to play with as well.

Please PM me once you have Contributor access.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager