Using Amahi as an FTP (TFTP) server Any suggestions?

PatrickDickey

Using Amahi as an FTP (TFTP) server Any suggestions?

Postby PatrickDickey » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to set up an internal FTP/TFTP server on my Amahi Home server for two (maybe more) reasons. First, I have some Cisco Equipment that I want to back up the config files for (copy run tftp and copy start tftp), so I need a working ftp server. Also, I want to be able to upload thngs to my wordpress (plugins and blog posts mainly).

A quick search in the Apps directory only show a few in Beta (ProFTP for one). So, I'd like to know if anyone has suggestions for what to use, and how to configure it for internal use only (I don't want it facing the Internet)? I thought about using FileZilla, but if there's a better suggestion, then I'm all for it.

Thanks and have a great day:)
Patrick.

moredruid
Expert

Re: Using Amahi as an FTP (TFTP) server Any suggestions?

Postby moredruid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 am

please be aware that a TFTP server is different from a normal FTP server, and are therefore different packages. For your FTP needs you can install something from the dashboard, for TFTP you can do a "yum search tftp" as root on your servers terminal, you should see a tftp server coming by (which you should only start when needed, plaintext login etc.)
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

PatrickDickey

Postby PatrickDickey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:56 am

please be aware that a TFTP server is different from a normal FTP server, and are therefore different packages. For your FTP needs you can install something from the dashboard, for TFTP you can do a "yum search tftp" as root on your servers terminal, you should see a tftp server coming by (which you should only start when needed, plaintext login etc.)
Thanks for the reply. I should have known that, since I had to deal with tftp on Windows, when I was in my CCNA courses. I wonder if it can be controlled through webmin or even added as an app (symlink maybe?) in the Amahi Server. I installed ProFTP last night through webmin, but I'll have to look for a tftp server now instead.

Have a great day:)
Patrick.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 am

TFTP server is installed as part of amahi-netboot package. We use it to PXE boot apps like Clonezilla, Parted Magic, gParted, etc.

I have never tried using it any other way, so cannot help much there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2