Apps not launching or am I an idiot?

mgeglia

Apps not launching or am I an idiot?

Postby mgeglia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 am

I believe both are probably true. I have installed 2 apps- Amahitunes and Transmission -and cannot get either to launch from the HDA dashboard. I am very new to Linux so please, treat me like a 3 year old. First, after I installed Amahitunes, I was able to open the sharing tab in itunes but since the 1 instance of it working, it now just flashes for a moment then returns to my library on my pc drive. When I click it in the dashboard, a new window pops up that says that I cannot connect. The same happens when I click the Transmission app from the dashboard. I checked and there is a new torrents share so it does appear to have installed somewhat.

Okay, part 2 may be truer that I thought. I just opened both with no problems except that Amahitunes says I have 0 songs (I have about 2000 in \\hda\music). I'll play with them both and see what happens and report back here.

I'll post this now anyway since both apps have been buggy. Hopefully the problem has corrected itself! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If this is common, then I'm fine with it so long as I know what to expect.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Apps not launching or am I an idiot?

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 am

There is some guidance in the wiki that might help:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/AmahiTunes

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Transmission

Also when asking for help, please tell us a little about your setup. For example, installed Fedora 14 Full DVD, it's 32-bit, etc. Also ensure you check the error logs for details in the /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log file.

Although Linux experience is not required, it does often help to have some. Recommend you also search the forums for assistance as needed. Often you may have problems experienced by others and a solution is posted.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

mgeglia

Postby mgeglia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:20 am

OKay, thanks. It appears that Transmission is up and going with no problem now. I continue to have trouble with Amahitunes though. On the dashboard the Amahitunes server is stopped and will not restart. I checked the app install log and there were no errors. I then checked /var/log/monit and received this-

[EST Dec 19 12:03:11] info : 'mt-daapd' start: /etc/init.d/mt-daapd
[EST Dec 19 12:03:12] error : monit: Error reading pid from file '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid'
[EST Dec 19 12:03:43] error : 'mt-daapd' process is not running
[EST Dec 19 12:03:43] info : 'mt-daapd' trying to restart
[EST Dec 19 12:03:43] info : 'mt-daapd' start: /etc/init.d/mt-daapd
[EST Dec 19 12:03:44] error : monit: Error reading pid from file '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid'
[EST Dec 19 12:04:15] error : 'mt-daapd' process is not running
[EST Dec 19 12:04:15] info : 'mt-daapd' trying to restart
[EST Dec 19 12:04:15] info : 'mt-daapd' start: /etc/init.d/mt-daapd
[EST Dec 19 12:04:16] error : monit: Error reading pid from file '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid'

Per your prevoius response, I am running Fedora 14 / 32 bit headless. I'm not 100% certain but I believe I have a 1.6 GHz p4. 2GB RAM.

Thanks for the help! I greatly appreciate it.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am

Try this as root user:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/mt-daapd start​
If you are unsure how to become root user, check the wiki.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2